• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

show some constancy

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Right I have no idea which team pays more for advertising, but why use 1 teams name in a headline and not the other.

Both road for US Postal but claim to have been clean since 2006, both a newly retired, but only 1 rider gets associated with the team he road for in a head line.

George Hincapie confesses to doping

BMC rider hopes to stay involved in the sport

verse

Michael Barry confesses to doping

Canadian apologises for deceiving people

while I could not give a **** which way the heading are title at least be consistent and associate all riders with their latest team or not at all

Garmin, BMC associated in a heading Sky not - and before the answer we did in the text comes back - most people will be reading the statements direct for website rather than here.

Daniel Benson

Administrator
Mar 2, 2009
www.cyclingnews.com
This doesn't have anything to do with advertising, simply the choice of words used by the editor/writer at the time. The team name probably should be in the strap but there's no favouritism involved.

Daniel

May 4, 2010
Visit site
just some guy said:
Right I have no idea which team pays more for advertising, but why use 1 teams name in a headline and not the other.

Both road for US Postal but claim to have been clean since 2006, both a newly retired, but only 1 rider gets associated with the team he road for in a head line.

George Hincapie confesses to doping

BMC rider hopes to stay involved in the sport

verse

Michael Barry confesses to doping

Canadian apologises for deceiving people

while I could not give a **** which way the heading are title at least be consistent and associate all riders with their latest team or not at all

Garmin, BMC associated in a heading Sky not - and before the answer we did in the text comes back - most people will be reading the statements direct for website rather than here.

I think the word you were looking for in the thread statement was consistency.