• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So, who do actually want to win the TdF?

Who would you like to see win the Tour?

• Andreas Kloden

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Thought it might be interesting to see who people are actually rooting for to win the Tour and I figured a poll would be the best way since people can stay anonymous if they want.

Btw, this list certainly isn't who I think the top 10 will be. I think a few will be out of the top 10 for sure. Anyway, the polls are limited to 10 options, so feel free to add Vande Velde, Nibali, Kreuziger, or whoever you're rooting for below if you like. Post below as well if you not afraid for people to know who you're rooting for.

Anyway, I'd like to see Contador take it.

No ballot stuffing please!

A

Anonymous

jaylew said:
Just added the poll.

Need to add "none of the above"

I want to see a good race, but I am not sure I am a fan enough of any of them to want one specific person to win.

I don't want Armstrong or anyone from Australia.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Need to add "none of the above"

I want to see a good race, but I am not sure I am a fan enough of any of them to want one specific person to win.

I don't want Armstrong or anyone from Australia.

Don't like australians or just not a fan of the 2 chances?

A

Anonymous

karlboss said:
Don't like australians or just not a fan of the 2 chances?

Actually, I like Rogers, I just like to jerk the chain of Aussies since most seem so willing to do the same for us Yanks.

Nothing personal.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Actually, I like Rogers, I just like to jerk the chain of Aussies since most seem so willing to do the same for us Yanks.

Nothing personal.

I am sure we do our best to give as good as we get! lol

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
My pulling for riders is like the evil eye looking upon the chosen. I am afraid that Evans has no chance now. :p

And I thought that I was the only one who that happened to, last year I was so certain and told everyone who would listen, this is it, he is going to do it, and the rest you know is history....2nd again! ;)

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
I'll be pulling for VDV, but I'm almost certain that his form is too far off. Outside of that I'm just hoping Farrar might be able to squeak by Cav once and would really like to see a Frenchman take the stage on Bastille Day.

I voted for Andy Schleck. I like the way he rides, and prefer him to his brother. I almost voted for Sastre, or Gesnik.

Like Karl, I'd like most of all to see someone who attacks and stirs things up to win, or an underdog. Or maybe someone attack on Stage 13, win the stage big time, and hold on to the end.

I think it's possible Evans does win this year. If he is within striking distance heading into the Annecy TT, and can somehow hold his own on the Ventoux, the rest of the course suits him very well. None the less, I'm almost convinced he'll finish 2nd. :eek:

A

Anonymous

i want the winner to be, the rider who has shown the most courage, attacked, given it a go, and been the best over three weeks of a great tour de france.. whoever it may be...

as long as its not cadel.. i cant face seeing his boring mug in paris.. although maybe then he will actually smile... actually if cadel wins it, and fills the criteria then good on him.. i think with the field this year it will be almost impossible to bore your way to the yellow jersey (a la contador in the giro last year)

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
At time of posting

54% want either Evans or Armstrong to win out of this list. Conclusive

Interesting considering the anti Armstrong and anti Evans sentiment on this forum. Wonder if it will change as more Yanks wake up?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
At time of posting

54% want either Evans or Armstrong to win out of this list. Conclusive

Interesting considering the anti Armstrong and anti Evans sentiment on this forum. Wonder if it will change as more Yanks wake up

not to mention it's been afternoon/early evening here in australia ;)

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think I will be pulling for Evans as scary as that sounds.

I would really like to see the Schlecklet or Kreuziger take it, but I do not think the course suits them.

Bro funny enough I am in the Evans camp after watching him at the Dauphine, at last years tour with the accident and everything he became really odd and I thought he was having a bit of a break down, but at the dauphine he showed some real guts when he kept attacking.

TRENDING THREADS