• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sochi 2014 Olympics

no thread people?

how did you rate the opening ceremony? except being boring

venezuelan cocain guy with the flag
german gay parade
georgian athletes entering the stadium frightened as hell

and of course, my love when i was 12-13 years of age that is the girls from tAtu

not gonna get us---really a very good anthem for the proffesional athletes around the world:cool:

dislike
their technical incident
and more i can't remember already

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I need some good bets to keep this exciting while Norway wins 50 golds.

Any good dark horse candidates for the biathlon sprint tomorrow? Always someone that shows up out of nowhere and does well.

the sceptic said:
I need some good bets to keep this exciting while Norway wins 50 golds.

Any good dark horse candidates for the biathlon sprint tomorrow? Always someone that shows up out of nowhere and does well.

i bet russia prepared some sputniks just like italy did at torino. home turf advantage!
otherwise yes, norway will wipe the floor with lots of them
let's hope for some good entertainment.

jens_attacks said:
no thread people?

how did you rate the opening ceremony? except being boring

venezuelan cocain guy with the flag
german gay parade
georgian athletes entering the stadium frightened as hell

and of course, my love when i was 12-13 years of age that is the girls from tAtu

not gonna get us---really a very good anthem for the proffesional athletes around the world:cool:

dislike
their technical incident
and more i can't remember already
tATu ruled back in the day. Hilarious to see them considering all the controversy about homophobic legislation, of course.

Being I'm a Yankee I haven't had a chance to watch the opening ceremony yet, it'll be on TV in about 7 hours from now, pacific time. So apologize in advance for making some very belated comments and observations in the future.

Btw., for fellow Yanks who cannot stream everything live - this would be a good thread to avoid if you don't want spoilers. :)

Always had mixed feelings about the Olympics. Since the Cold War ended anyway. Don't like the pro athletes (ie, NHL players). Hate judged events - I'm okay with them there, but don't think they should count as medals. In the US we get heaps of commercialized glop added to every broadcast that makes it worse.

On the flip side, I love seeing sports we don't often get to see. Especially the Nordic events. But yes, curling too. And there can be good comradarie/competition.

Despite being a yank, I'm of Norwegian heritage and will be cheering for my Norge "brothers & sisters" too. :)

Alpe d'Huez said:
On the flip side, I love seeing sports we don't often get to see. Especially the Nordic events. But yes, curling too. And there can be good comradarie/competition.
This.

I'm looking forward to some ski jumping, the biathlon, some speed skating... the figure skating I can totally forego as we get to see plenty of it here in the States as it is.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:

1) Did they play t.A.tu?? Those were a fun 2 months until the story broke that they weren't really lesbians :D I think I came across their song recently in a buzzfeed post about "songs that will turn 10 this year"

2) We must be roughly the same age!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
was hoping Putin would ride in on the bear or that Snowden would show up, but pretty good.

lol that would have been awesome. Putin SHIRTLESS of course. Or Snowden shirtless?

Looking back at the t.A.T.u video it becomes clear that Pus-sy Riot is just a blatant t.A.T.u rip-off :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Tricycle Rider said:
it'll be on TV in about 7 hours from now, pacific time

Oh, wow! That´s great for the great USA censorship. No stress like in the superbowl where they only have seconds to remove anything that could shatter the great freedom or family values of gods own country. ;)

TRENDING THREADS