• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Some things never change, guess who pops up at Skill?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
It would be interesting to see what would happen in the sport if all the dodgy doctors and managers were removed - sometimes I think it's a prerequisite for a 'clean' cyling, at others that, if we're to have 'doping that doesn't quite look like doping', they're probably the most knowledgeable people to deliver that reasonably safely.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:
http://www.skilcyclingteam.com/index.php?table=coach

Translation of the important parts:

Teamdoctor Peter Janssen, trainer-coach of the cyclists of Skil-Shimano

*snip*

Peter Janssen was trainer-coach for professional teams as PDM, Panasonic, Foreldorado-Golff and BankGiroLoterij-Batavus.

Not mentioned here is that.... he is also widely seen as the one behind Rooks/Theunissen tandem, more specific cortison, amphetamine and steroids.

I'm glad we are seeing a cleaner sports. This is another sign that even when there is dope it's just the riders, not the teams :rolleyes:

I don't know if you realize it or not but Peter Janssen is not with Skil anymore. He was last year, but not this...that is from an old webpage I think. Their current physicians are Chris Jansen and Edwin Achterberg.

Funny you are attacking one of the more proactive antidoping teams here. Funny indeed.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
I don't know if you realize it or not but Peter Janssen is not with Skil anymore. He was last year, but not this...that is from an old webpage I think. Their current physicians are Chris Jansen and Edwin Achterberg.

Funny you are attacking one of the more proactive antidoping teams here. Funny indeed.

It's probably an undeleted part of the skill site, as he still pops up at quite a few links directly to their site.

And well, if they are vehemently anti doping, that then started after they got rid of this guy. I'm sorry to be so cynical, but hiring a guy like that and then firing him.... seems that if they are antdoping now they weren't so antidoping last year.

But yes, retraction is in place^^

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I thought Skiil could have been one of the "slower" teams indeed. Certainly not the one's to be attacking. I believe starting with the top is best.

Although I do notice the "dirty team Bissel...." LOL

May 6, 2009
Visit site
So how do you ban doctors? Do you ban them from working in cycling or do you ban them from practising medicine full stop, which would bring a lawsuit of restraint of trade?

TRENDING THREADS