• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the forum 2024

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
As I'm struggling with iron intake and have similar issues to mayomaniac's grandma regarding supplements I actually found the idea of EPO interesting... I'm just a bit shy to actually ask my doctor for it. Not sure health insurance will pay for it, either.
Might really be worth asking your doctor about it. After all, EPO's legitimate uses are for medical treatments (for some types of anemia and related issues).

Reactions: BR2
Might really be worth asking your doctor about it. After all, EPO's legitimate uses are for medical treatments (for some types of anemia and related issues).
Probably depends on what country you’re in, or in countries with only private health what your insurance coverage says. . . But my doc (hematologist) said he would start me on an EPO-type med if my HGB drops below 9.0
(It has been as low as 9.5). And I think that’s the standard used in the U.S.

• Wow
Probably depends on what country you’re in, or in countries with only private health what your insurance coverage says. . . But my doc (hematologist) said he would start me on an EPO-type med if my HGB drops below 9.0
(It has been as low as 9.5). And I think that’s the standard used in the U.S.

The idea never came up before, it's always more like "well, try another kind of supplement, and if it doesn't work, bad luck", but Josef is right, after all it's meant for medical treatment... it's just that when I hear EPO I'm immediately thinking of doping.

Okay, in case I get it I will report back... but will I be able to post on the forum any longer when I do?

I wasn't fully satisfied with my performance in the ITT, and then my situation worsened during the night where I threw up a few times and hardly got any sleep.

Then I made the error of trusting a cocktail of Paracetamol and feeding advices from Biniam Girmay to make me feel better, but instead it led me to faint on the kitchen floor during the afternoon.

However I expect to be able to follow tomorrow's stage, and while I won't be wearing the pink jersey, my forehead will definitely still have a reddish colour.

I wasn't fully satisfied with my performance in the ITT, and then my situation worsened during the night where I threw up a few times and hardly got any sleep.

Then I made the error of trusting a cocktail of Paracetamol and feeding advices from Biniam Girmay to make me feel better, but instead it led me to faint on the kitchen floor during the afternoon.

However I expect to be able to follow tomorrow's stage, and while I won't be wearing the pink jersey, my forehead will definitely still have a reddish colour.
I’m pulling out and my excuse will be BULLSHlT.
Remco thread is going off. Mad stuff, lol.

The idea never came up before, it's always more like "well, try another kind of supplement, and if it doesn't work, bad luck", but Josef is right, after all it's meant for medical treatment... it's just that when I hear EPO I'm immediately thinking of doping.

Okay, in case I get it I will report back... but will I be able to post on the forum any longer when I do?

Another name change? To Red Roads?

• Wow
I'm off the heavy gear now.

All I need Motoman to bring me is a never ending supply of bags of popcorn, so that I can keep up with the Remco thread.

One conspiracy theory is that Remco learned shortly after stage 9 that there was a thread in his honour, and when he saw that it was approaching 666 pages long, he quit the Giro so that he could catch up on it all.

But don't worry guys, he'll soon realise that the next 666 pages aren't too far away, and that this is all much more tiring than actually participating in grand tours.

So he will be back on his bike in France....or Spain......possibly dependent on how many bans we get around here.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca