• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the forum 2024

Are all forum members cleanz? I recall a few clearly drunken posts over the years. Some members are suspiciously sharp witted and others are up posting at ungodly hours (european based, not our aussie friends who don't know night from day). There's enough evidence to suspect pep pill use amongst the elite posters. Anyone who disputes this is clearly sticking their head in the sand.

Are all forum members cleanz? I recall a few clearly drunken posts over the years. Some members are suspiciously sharp witted and others are up posting at ungodly hours (european based, not our aussie friends who don't know night from day). There's enough evidence to suspect pep pill use amongst the elite posters. Anyone who disputes this is clearly sticking their head in the sand.

The real reason behind the current Danish cycling success is that the Danes on this forum have started sharing our substances with our pro riders. Vingegaard's rapid rise is part of our Fish Oil for Drugs scheme.

@Sandisfan definitely suspicious as heck. Never has an off day, dodgy American background, I think he actually wanted to sign up as "Landisfan" but changed one letter to remain under the radar.
With his frequency of producing likes day in day out, I wouldn't be surprised if mechanical doping is involved.

It's a real chore to read hundreds of Posts most every day. When it's really busy I have to catch up the next day or two. My reactions are genuine and hope to add to the atta-boys for good post or surprise to indicate surprise or as a placeholder of a reaction to say interesting or incredulity whether good or bad for that post. I can't or won't get up early enough to see many races Live so have to wait for the replays to finish, then after a replay cycle (well not on a Bike LOL) through the Web sites I regularly visit and save the dessert CN Forums to read through last. :)

P.S. Wasn't ever a Fan of the guy with the most stripped TdF GCs although rooted for Americans so success would lead to more cyclists from the USA to get into the peloton. Not an American above all but have most favorites from other countries.

Last edited:
It's a real chore to read hundreds of Posts most every day. When it's really busy I have to catch up the next day or two. My reactions are genuine and hope to add to the atta boys for good post or surprise to indicate surprise or as a placeholder of a reaction to say interesting or incredulitly whether good or bad for that post. I can't or won't get up early enough to see many races so have to wait for the replays to finish, then after a replay cycle (well not on a Bike LOL) through the Web sites I regularly visit and save the dessert CN Forums to read through last. :)
Clear sandbagging. Looks guilty to me.

It's a real chore to read hundreds of Posts most every day. When it's really busy I have to catch up the next day or two. My reactions are genuine and hope to add to the atta-boys for good post or surprise to indicate surprise or as a placeholder of a reaction to say interesting or incredulity whether good or bad for that post. I can't or won't get up early enough to see many races Live so have to wait for the replays to finish, then after a replay cycle (well not on a Bike LOL) through the Web sites I regularly visit and save the dessert CN Forums to read through last. :)

P.S. Wasn't ever a Fan of the guy with the most stripped TdF GCs although rooted for Americans so success would lead to more cyclists from the USA to get into the peloton. Not an American above all but have most favorites from other countries.
It took a piss take of a thread for Sandisfan to reveal himself. It's a joy to have him on board.

We are 2 weeks away from the 3rd gt of the season. The Vuelta is much like the bullied smallest child, given the leftovers and kicked if it complains. The forum is currently in a twilight of ennui. We're past the peak of the season, there's not much going on, but we're looking forward to a scrumptious dessert.
How clean will the forum be during the vuelta?
Sedatives will be needed for those residing in the Remco thread to combat the highs and lows. The use of uppers will be banned in this thread.
Regressive counselling will be needed for those in the Froome thread. Reality isn't fair or unfair, it just is.
Balloons, party hats and whistles will be required for those in the Nibali thread. We're going out on a high.
What's another year?

talking about Nibali, I saw him 5th on the uphill finish in Burgos. and I went oh *** he's back. I can't help. never liked him, never liked Astana. I almost feel bad cause it's his last season, but I really can't get to cheer. and I shout -catch him-! every time he attacks. I'll go to hell I know :D
also, let's see if Roglic rides and if he's fit for the Vuelta. there could be fireworks in the forum if Rogla goes bang

talking about Nibali, I saw him 5th on the uphill finish in Burgos. and I went oh *** he's back. I can't help. never liked him, never liked Astana. I almost feel bad cause it's his last season, but I really can't get to cheer. and I shout -catch him-! every time he attacks. I'll go to hell I know :D
also, let's see if Roglic rides and if he's fit for the Vuelta. there could be fireworks in the forum if Rogla goes bang

Excuse me!
I'm pretty sure this thread isn't about riders possibly being doped, but forumers possibly being doped!

Who are the worst offenders on here:

Those who can maybe write 10-20 posts a day, but with medical help can increase the number to 30 or those who can normally only do 5-10, but can reach 25 with illegal boosting?

Also some posters seem to have a Riis like rise in performances between the off-season and the bigger races.

Sometimes we also see posters returning after a longer inactive period, which makes me believe that silent bans are being handed out from time to time.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS