• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the forum 2024

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Is it really worth juicing to discuss luke warm racing coming up in Australia?

Only if you want to get a good campaign going from the start of the year. But if you want to peak during the classics or GTs, you'll probaby be better off putting your juices on ice for now and instead go for a beach holiday in places like Tenerife, Mexico or Colombia for a month or two.

Is it worth risking a forum ban just to be Greg's hero for a day?

Depending on your location - and general work situation - you might have to drastically increase your intake of caffeine.

Talking about nefarious forum practices; you've edited the thread title! Something which I, of course, would never do!

Apparently Chris Froome is already getting on it, so that to me suggests strongly that the answer is not worth it.

Cookster, I think we mean that it's a little too early in the season to get cooked.

Besides, if I start the season too strongly then I run the risk of starting up a forum discussion on how "far off his best" I am, and that could be never-ending.

Is it worth risking a forum ban just to be Greg's hero for a day?

Looks like your brother Claude has started the season off hot in the Richie Porte vane (or is that vein?).

As has Squire, very much unlike Andreas Kloden.

I have a feeling that these two might be in the forum autobus come April.

Over the years I've gone from racing, to being a fan who had a very good idea of what's going on, to watching occasional highlights of pro racing. Watching Kobe race to two consecutive wins on a historically middling team who is now bossing it proves as a reminder why I don't watch cycling anymore. It's too obvious.
Sure, sports are rife with doping, but it's easier to hide when you have player unions in team sports like NFL football and, uh, football. It's also more interesting than watching a rider take a flyer in a race in January.

Over the years I've gone from racing, to being a fan who had a very good idea of what's going on, to watching occasional highlights of pro racing. Watching Kobe race to two consecutive wins on a historically middling team who is now bossing it proves as a reminder why I don't watch cycling anymore. It's too obvious.
Sure, sports are rife with doping, but it's easier to hide when you have player unions in team sports like NFL football and, uh, football. It's also more interesting than watching a rider take a flyer in a race in January.

Goossens winning two races on Mallorca is hardly an indicator of nefarious forum practices.

Last edited:
Is s/he one of the sexiest pro cyclists in the peloton?

I think we all know who the sexiest pro cyclist in the peloton is...

tom-sexton-2023.jpeg

Tom Sexton (procyclingstats.com)

So, if @gregrowlerson is secretly Tom, then; yes, he is.

Remco and Roglic fans have been heavily threadated with horse tranquillisers. I defy any rational person to try reading these threads without shaking their heads and making a wtf face. Occasionally I’m a voyeur in these threads but I often find it tiresome. The whine fest isn’t even a decent fight like we used to have in the Froome days. And we’re two months away from the giro. It’s going to be a great season.

Remco and Roglic fans have been heavily threadated with horse tranquillisers. I defy any rational person to try reading these threads without shaking their heads and making a wtf face. Occasionally I’m a voyeur in these threads but I often find it tiresome. The whine fest isn’t even a decent fight like we used to have in the Froome days. And we’re two months away from the giro. It’s going to be a great season.

Sometimes it's near impossible to look away.

TRENDING THREADS