• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stefano Pirazzi Official Thread

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I read an interview with this hero, and suddently realised that this great cyclist, this hero, doesn't have a thread yet! How is it possible! So here now, the place where you can discuss his crazy attacks, quotes and human being.

Giro2013_11_etape_Stefano_Pirazzi.jpg

Arredondo said:
Interview with Pirazzi on Cyclingquotes, where he says he will target GC's next season, and trying to win races actually. He says he wants to be more calm during the race, and not attack from far out.

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/less_aggression_and_focus_on_gcs_for_pirazzi_in_2014/

No :(

Ow ****. Moderators, i forgot to put thread in the titel. Someone who can fix that?

I recall he said the exact same thing before last season too, so I don't think we have to be too "worried". But it could be interesting to see what he could acomplish if he stopped racing as the least tactical minded person in the peloton, and started to attack much later in the races, so I hope he will succed in being just a little more disciplined next year.

Edit: ah Jakob just beat me to it, but I guess its confirmed then that he said the same thing last season :)

Since Machado's suicidal tendencies have been curbed, it's nice to see that Pirazzi is lying through his teeth when he says he'll calm down (or, more likely, he's being absolutely honest, but can't help himself in a race, like Hoogerland or Txurruka).

I need a team of Machado, Txurruka, Pirazzi, Oleg Chuzhda, Hoogerland, Voeckler, Chavanel, Riblon and Madrazo, all to be in a team with Vino and Jacky Durand in the cars. The daily 9-man breakaways would be a sight to behold.

Libertine Seguros said:
Since Machado's suicidal tendencies have been curbed, it's nice to see that Pirazzi is lying through his teeth when he says he'll calm down (or, more likely, he's being absolutely honest, but can't help himself in a race, like Hoogerland or Txurruka).

I need a team of Machado, Txurruka, Pirazzi, Oleg Chuzhda, Hoogerland, Voeckler, Chavanel, Riblon and Madrazo, all to be in a team with Vino and Jacky Durand in the cars. The daily 9-man breakaways would be a sight to behold.

If I had the funds, I would try to assemble this team so badly.

We have already revived a thread for one Italian legend today, so why stop there?

The rumours were true. Stefano Pirazzi has indeed been picked up by Ivano Fanini and co. According to PCS he will be making his return in the Sibiu Cycling Tour in July. He did post a link to the website for the Mercan'Tour Classic Alpes-Maritimes on Facebook yesterday, but he doesn't feature on the startlist, so I guess he isn't doing it.
Edit: He has actually written on Strava earlier this week the he will be riding the Classic Alpes-Maritimes, so maybe he will be added to the startlist soon.

183663619_159996956125735_4186981174206227747_n.jpg

Last edited:
The one and only. Today everyone is talking about Almeida and Remco. Back in the day, everyone plus Almeida and Remco were talking about Pirazzi. Landismo is a branch of Pirazzism. Ganna learned to ride the bike watching Pirazzi. Remco is today known as Belgian Simon Špilak, but Špilak was better known as Slavic Pirazzi. Froome when he is looking at the stem of his bike, he is in reality looking at written famous Pirazzi's words "Eppur si muove"... These are the little known facts about the most interesting Pirazzi in the world.

We have already revived a thread for one Italian legend today, so why stop there?

The rumours were true. Stefano Pirazzi has indeed been picked up by Ivano Fanini and co. According to PCS he will be making his return in the Sibiu Cycling Tour in July. He did post a link to the website for the Mercan'Tour Classic Alpes-Maritimes on Facebook yesterday, but he doesn't feature on the startlist, so I guess he isn't doing it.
Edit: He has actually written on Strava earlier this week the he will be riding the Classic Alpes-Maritimes, so maybe he will be added to the startlist soon.

183663619_159996956125735_4186981174206227747_n.jpg
Seems someone finally came out with a jersey he could wear that was as colorful as his riding style!

Seems someone finally came out with a jersey he could wear that was as colorful as his riding style!

Let's hope he hasn't fully lost that during his four years out of the game.

Just because he has a fancy jersey doesn't mean I will ever forgive him for being complicit in the evil steal of Valverde's pending Giro victory.

Of course you see it that way. I see it as him having played a part in an epic clusterfudge of a last few days of a GT, where I felt more sorry for Kruijswijk and Chaves, to be honest. But Valverde has never been favourite of mine, and he costed Samu both a Vuelta win and a WC medal.

pirazzi_640.jpg

This rather than clinic matters is why he'll never be accepted in the Italian cycling establishment.

I don't expect him to ever return to a high level again. Four years is a long time to be sidelined and he's 34 now. He has been working for a ceramics company, but has still managed to continue his training when he got off work. His times on Strava don't indicate that he's in any spectacular form though.
The dream would be for him to get some good, but not fantastic, results, and then getting a contract at Bardiani or Androni. The latter could hire him as a replacement for their current S. P. if he were to move to a WT team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Now, was he working at Ceramica Flaminia or Ceramica Panaria? The latter would be a splendid irony.

Also Savio appears to have changed his modus operandi from "hire anybody with name value and a doping past because they come cheap" to "hire South American wonderkids on super-long contracts and pocket the buyout when they get good", so Pirazzi might be a man out of time. Ten years ago Savio would have signed him in a heartbeat.

Now, was he working at Ceramica Flaminia or Ceramica Panaria? The latter would be a splendid irony.

Also Savio appears to have changed his modus operandi from "hire anybody with name value and a doping past because they come cheap" to "hire South American wonderkids on super-long contracts and pocket the buyout when they get good", so Pirazzi might be a man out of time. Ten years ago Savio would have signed him in a heartbeat.

He worked at Disegno Ceramica, but there actually is a Ceramica Flaminia branch 10 km down the road from it, which is closer to his home in Civita Castellana.

I agree that it wouldn't be likely for Savio to sign him these days, but a man can dream can't he?
If we get to see him in breaks in some minor races I'll be hape, and hopefully he'll be enjoying himself.

TRENDING THREADS