• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Survey for a Uni Assignment

May 27, 2010
Visit site
If this is in the wrong thread please move it but it does relate to doping.

So i'm currently doing an assignment on leadership and culture in one of my uni classes and as part of that we have to create a survey. It's only ten questions (survey monkey charges if you want to do anymore than that :mad:) and should only take 5 - 10min, if that. It focuses on drugs in sport and how leadership and culture affect that aspect. Obviously it isn't the best survey out there but hopefully it will do the job.

I would really appreciate it if some (or all) of you could fill it out to help with my assignment. Any feedback would also be appreciated :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JHGZJTM

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Some of the questions don't quite make sense;

3. I follow and participate in several sports.
4. Is it meant to mean "Does the governing body have more influence than athletes?" or "Does the governing body have a major influence?"?
8. I don't think there is a definitive answer, but I could answer who is most responsible.
9. Another where I don't see a yes or no answer, and what exactly does "justified" mean?

Also, can't you just do two surveys of 10 questions if you want to?

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
Some of the questions don't quite make sense;

3. I follow and participate in several sports.
4. Is it meant to mean "Does the governing body have more influence than athletes?" or "Does the governing body have a major influence?"?
8. I don't think there is a definitive answer, but I could answer who is most responsible.
9. Another where I don't see a yes or no answer, and what exactly does "justified" mean?

Also, can't you just do two surveys of 10 questions if you want to?

I could do two surveys but tbh i'm happy with the one.

For question three you could put down as many as you like, i'll note that in my analysis, it's just to see if I can get different views from different sports.

For question four, the question is does the governing body have MORE influence than the athletes, I apologize if that wasn't clear.

For question 8, of course there is no definite answer, it's your opinion of who you believe to be responsible.

For question 9, again it's your opinion, so do you think doping can be justified, or is there ever an acceptable reason, if so why? again that's up to you and what you believe.

I know question 8 and 9 may require more explanation which is why I included the comment boxes below each question and asked for opinions.

I tried to write it so I could gauge various opinions from various people, there's really no right or wrong for any of the questions, it comes down to what you believe or feel.

Hope that helps clear it up :)

Thanks everyone who has filled it out and if you haven't already please do :)

TRENDING THREADS