• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 587 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Theres this unknown Vietnamese GC talent called No Bo Di
Pogi was only 29s away today, Vingegaard took 31s on the 19 first fast (50.6 kmh) minutes on stage 16 in last year's Tour. Or maybe even better example - stage 20 in the 2022 Tour. Vingegaard, before the ITT turned hilly again, was 22s in front of Pogi and 25s in front of Ganna, with a 53.2 kmh average.

So not sure. July Vingegaard seems to be able to do it. At least in the 2nd half of a GT.

Pogi was only 29s away today, Vingegaard took 31s on the 19 first fast (50.6 kmh) minutes on stage 16 in last year's Tour. Or maybe even better example - stage 20 in the 2022 Tour. Vingegaard, before the ITT turned hilly again, was 22s in front of Pogi and 25s in front of Ganna, with a 53.2 kmh average.

So not sure. July Vingegaard seems to be able to do it. At least in the 2nd half of a GT.
definitely agree that july vingegaard can do 53kph on this course but so is pogi especially of last year. Those guys are insanely talented that they could do 7w/kg for 20 mins three days in a row. At the tour they are on a different planet. People might think this is pogis ceiling of TT performance but he will easily go 40 secs faster at the tour.

Fos

Apr 11, 2024
Visit site
Only Remco.

definitely agree that july vingegaard can do 53kph on this course but so is pogi especially of last year. Those guys are insanely talented that they could do 7w/kg for 20 mins three days in a row. At the tour they are on a different planet. People might think this is pogis ceiling of TT performance but he will easily go 40 secs faster at the tour.
Today he did not look emptied like Ganna did, maybe a gift?. Just joking (the gift part).

Today he did not look emptied like Ganna did, maybe a gift?. Just joking (the gift part).
Its basically a training. and i'm not joking if anyone watched the whole TT stage of yesterdays and last weeks TT. U could see him doing threshold intervals on his TT bike like 20/40 secs before the TT starts on his roller. I've never seen in my life anyone doing a threshold interval before a road race let alone a 35&50 min TT. he didn't want to tell he is training in this giro so that everyone wont make the race as hard as possible.

• Wow
Reactions: SHAD0W93
Its basically a training. and i'm not joking if anyone watched the whole TT stage of yesterdays and last weeks TT. U could see him doing threshold intervals on his TT bike like 20/40 secs before the TT starts on his roller. I've never seen in my life anyone doing a threshold interval before a road race let alone a 35&50 min TT. he didn't want to tell he is training in this giro so that everyone wont make the race as hard as possible.
Warmups have some high intensity work in them.

Reactions: jmdirt
Unbelievable climbing. He needs to dial it back now and save for the Tour. If he can bring this level to the Tour, I can’t see who can beat him. Remco shouldn’t take much in ITTs, Roglic’s best hope is to hang onto his wheel and out kick him here and there, but he’s never done anything like this to any field that I’m aware of. Vingegaard won’t be able to ride with him if he isn’t 100%.

Last edited:

Latest posts