• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pogi is pretty immune to cold. Maybe it's a good idea to buy chips and beer for his legendary ride at Il Lombardia.
Well ya, here is the thing. On one hand - I find it ridiclously unlikely that someone is injectingIV'ing in that super obvious kind of way, so I just cannot buy it. However, the guy is super duper in the cold and does not seem to have to layer up as much, so I can see why it raises eyebrows.

Regardless, popcorn might be necessary. If his form is on the up and up trajectory, perhaps we can see a nearly unheard of super third peak where he destroys everyone

Well ya, here is the thing. On one hand - I find it ridiclously unlikely that someone is injectingIV'ing in that super obvious kind of way, so I just cannot buy it. However, the guy is super duper in the cold and does not seem to have to layer up as much, so I can see why it raises eyebrows.

Regardless, popcorn might be necessary. If his form is on the up and up trajectory, perhaps we can see a nearly unheard of super third peak where he destroys everyone
Edit: never mind, misread the post. Also, wouldn’t be surprised if he aims for a win here. I get the vibe he picks and chooses where he wants to go all out. I think lacking form is just code for lacking clinic visits, and he will want this win so won’t be lacking the visits imo.

Last edited:

They could be riding really slowly of course.

Reactions: noob
Christ, this thread is really filled with crazy amount of crap; he wont win anything this year anymore, his head is not in cycling at the moment and NO he did not wear arm warmers to hide something but hey its not like anybody gives a damn; you can write anything here.

stupidity and nastiness in this thread goes beyond "its a forum" but hey if it makes you fell better to slander someone with absolute crap "you the man"

One name: Mauro Gianetti (which is actually misspelt in the thread title for xyz reason).

That's all most people should need to understand the how, why, where & when of UAE & Pogacar. And that's not libel or slander, it's a fact.

It's how people deal with that fact which sets them apart (& specifically how defensive they get over uncomfortable truths). But I don't judge either way, i.e. there's a huge grey area in the peloton & UAE are hardly exclusive in whatever behind the scenes 'unauthorized' practices they partake in.

It's just I wasn't born yesterday & I believing Gianetti is a changed man from his own cycling days & Riccardo Ricco is a step too far into suspension of disbelief.

One name: Mauro Gianetti (which is actually misspelt in the thread title for xyz reason).

That's all most people should need to understand the how, why, where & when of UAE & Pogacar. And that's not libel or slander, it's a fact.

It's how people deal with that fact which sets them apart (& specifically how defensive they get over uncomfortable truths). But I don't judge either way, i.e. there's a huge grey area in the peloton & UAE are hardly exclusive in whatever behind the scenes 'unauthorized' practices they partake in.

It's just I wasn't born yesterday & I believing Gianetti is a changed man from his own cycling days & Riccardo Ricco is a step too far into suspension of disbelief.
ok, than lets continue with the "Pogacar is clearly doping cause he is wearing arm warmers" or because "he was 10th at WC time trial".
I GET IT, the Gianetti connection; the problem I have with this thread is the stupidty and nastiness of some comments not with questioning of Pogacars performances although you can find a "Gianetti" on every team in pro cycling.

Last edited:

Lollllzzzzz
He is rockin' into form now. Zoom zoom zoom

Reactions: Rackham
ok, than lets continue with the "Pogacar is clearly doping cause he is wearing arm warmers" or because "he was 10th at WC time trial".
I GET IT, the Gianetti connection; the problem I have with this thread is the stupidty and nastiness of some comments not with questioning of Pogacars performances although you can find a "Gianetti" on every team in pro cycling.

With varying shades of grey, sure.

But Gianetti leans more into the Johan Bruyneel category. And it's not just Saunier Duval & Ricco, i.e. people often forget Cobo in the 2011 Vuelta (he lost his title).

It would be like an investment firm with Bernie Madoff as its CEO, i.e. I think some people would want to check the books for irregularities.

• Wow
Reactions: noob and Ripper
With varying shades of grey, sure.

But Gianetti leans more into the Johan Bruyneel category. And it's not just Saunier Duval & Ricco, i.e. people often forget Cobo in the 2011 Vuelta (he lost his title).

It would be like an investment firm with Bernie Madoff as its CEO, i.e. I think some people would want to check the books for irregularities.

I agree with both the notion that Gianetti is bad and that posting wild theories that arm warmers are an indication that Pogacar must be glowing are ridiculous.

However, as has been pointed out innumerable times, cycling (and other sports) do this to themselves by continuing to employ the Vinos, the Gianettis and the Riises etc. Are you telling me there are no other good directors or team managers/principals that don't have any visible connections to convicted dopers or the old dirty teams? I find that risible. So when Gianetti directs a boy wonder like TP to 2 consecutive TdF wins, yeah, it's not a good look.

Reactions: Ripper
I agree with both the notion that Gianetti is bad and that posting wild theories that arm warmers are an indication that Pogacar must be glowing are ridiculous.

However, as has been pointed out innumerable times, cycling (and other sports) do this to themselves by continuing to employ the Vinos, the Gianettis and the Riises etc. Are you telling me there are no other good directors or team managers/principals that don't have any visible connections to convicted dopers or the old dirty teams? I find that risible. So when Gianetti directs a boy wonder like TP to 2 consecutive TdF wins, yeah, it's not a good look.
Combine that with some fairly nuclear performances, albeit very targeted, from Tad, and it's hard to suspend disbelief.

Reactions: Bolder
I mean cheaters is always one step ahead. Could be substances or methods that are unknown they are using. Or stuff that is not classed as "doping" yet.

But what I dont know I can be oblivious about, until getting information and evidence.

Who knows. In 10-20-30 years. Maybe they will go back and test stuff again. People get found out these days in the end.

The list of former racers who want to become team managers/directors/principals who were not connected in some way or ways to doping in their careers is very short. The required knowledge and connections almost mandates that ex-dopers will fill these positions. Vino, Axel, Jonathan and on and on. If they're not in management they are in commentating. Only the the ones that made big big bucks in their racing career don't need the day jobs.

• Sad
Reactions: noob