Taylor Phinney Discussion Thread

Jul 24, 2010
1,787
0
0
Nothing wrong with a fanboy post. That was a monstrous performance today.

Stetina did a solid time, so gotta assume he's fine. Looking forward to seeing him have a go in the mountains.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,119
0
0
No need to start a new thread.

But.... Kudos to him, it seems like he will eventually fulfill his massive potential and everyone seems to forget he is still 21!
Big question is whether he will be solely a TT specialist which would be a big shame or whether he will diversify and go for the classics..
 
Apr 7, 2011
4,148
0
0
His first big win. And many more will follow.
I like him, but i don't like that he will give Tony a run for his money in the future:D
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,119
0
0
hatcher said:
Nothing wrong with a fanboy post. That was a monstrous performance today.

Stetina did a solid time, so gotta assume he's fine. Looking forward to seeing him have a go in the mountains.
Predicted Stetina top 20 but I believe he can do much better in truth he has been really impressive so far this season and was unlucky to be castigated by the positions in Catalunya.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,119
0
0
El Pistolero said:
He was already 15th at Paris-Roubaix this year.
Rather he was one of the strongest in P-R this year (behind the big guns of course but right up there)
 
Feb 4, 2010
524
0
0
Really cool to see his first big win. Mom and Dad must be proud to see him in pink. It will be interesting to see what kind of rider he becomes.
 
Jun 7, 2011
624
0
0
Race Radio said:
Thanks for starting this thread


Taylor's bike for tomorrow

I guess BMC were prepared for Phinney to get the Maglia Rosa. He did awesomely well today though. I hope he finishes the Giro to try to win the last tt.
 
Aug 16, 2011
9,595
0
0
He put in a great ride today, he has alot of promise and today he finally delivered on what everyone has expected of him. I look forward to watching him in the cobbled classics in the coming years.
 
Jul 3, 2009
17,039
1
0
Well done Phinney, think he could start challenging Cancellara and Martin around this distance now.

Cal_Joe said:
How weird - saw the same pic earlier today posted by BMC at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bmcproteam/6999903390/in/set-72157629606701504. Did you guys take the same picture at the same time?
Umm, that is where RR's link comes from. Inserting images directly into the thread improves the forum experience as opposed to just hyperlinking (as long as they are appropriately sized).
 
Jul 10, 2010
2,659
0
0
Race Radio said:
Thanks for starting this thread


Taylor's bike for tomorrow

Totally cool!! :D Oh, yeah! I am gonna find a Eurosport broadcast online tomorrow!
 
Ferminal said:
Well done Phinney, think he could start challenging Cancellara and Martin around this distance now.



Umm, that is where RR's link comes from. Inserting images directly into the thread improves the forum experience as opposed to just hyperlinking (as long as they are appropriately sized).
Cal_Joe total fail. Like totally!

:cool:
 
Aug 9, 2009
624
0
0
Ferminal said:
Well done Phinney, think he could start challenging Cancellara and Martin around this distance now.



Umm, that is where RR's link comes from. Inserting images directly into the thread improves the forum experience as opposed to just hyperlinking (as long as they are appropriately sized).
But why not post a link to the source of the picture? Many fine pictures from BMC that many forum denizens would enjoy. Don't know why it is a secret.
 
Jul 3, 2009
17,039
1
0
Cal_Joe said:
But why not post a link to the source of the picture? Many fine pictures from BMC that many forum denizens would enjoy. Don't know why it is a secret.
Sure, why not.

But I don't think there's much of an obligation on behalf of the poster to link/cite the original source when showing an image here which has been uploaded to a common and open medium. I don't see where the issue is as long as they aren't attempting to pass it off as their own work. I hope most people would have the decency to say who it's from if it's a private photograph, but this is the team who just want to show the photo to as many people as possible.

In other cases there may be things like copyright and bandwith use which could become problems, but surprisingly there isn't much history of these parties intervening here.
 
Aug 9, 2009
624
0
0
Ferminal said:
Sure, why not.

But I don't think there's much of an obligation on behalf of the poster to link/cite the original source when showing an image here which has been uploaded to a common and open medium. I don't see where the issue is as long as they aren't attempting to pass it off as their own work. I hope most people would have the decency to say who it's from if it's a private photograph, but this is the team who just want to show the photo to as many people as possible.

In other cases there may be things like copyright and bandwith use which could become problems, but surprisingly there isn't much history of these parties intervening here.
Agree with you about the bolded part. Also, (paraphrasing your words) that info (a link, which does not affect bandwidth) would add to the forum experience.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts