• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Arkéa-Samsic

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What would Arkea have gotten if Quintana had podiumed this Giro d'Italia?

Which would've been absolutely possible in hindsight.

DSM really pays the price for losing Bardet. Otherwise his points scored at the Giro d'Italia would have been a big paycheck for them!
They would have got 240 points from Nairo coming third in the Giro, I think, a nice haul.

In comparison though, they accumulated 269 points from Tro-Bro Léon (1.1), including 125 points for winning it.

edit: sorry, got that wrong

Last edited:
They would have got 240 points from Nairo coming third in the Giro, I think, a nice haul.

In comparison though, they accumulated 269 points from Tro-Bro Léon (1.1), including 125 points for winning it.

I don't know where you're getting your points from but a podium in the Giro is 575 UCI points. They also got more from Tro Bro Leon (which is .Pro and not .1). Also simply doesn't matter that they got tons of points from the continental circuit while the Giro was going on. Fighting for a WT license (meaning you can start all three GTs) and then declining an invite to one of the GTs will always be weird and a bit pathetic to me.

That being said. LTS and Cofidis got a big amount of points from all those races too and had a team in the Giro. It's not like it's impossible to do both. Arkea's team is big enough.

What would Arkea have gotten if Quintana had podiumed this Giro d'Italia?

Which would've been absolutely possible in hindsight.

DSM really pays the price for losing Bardet. Otherwise his points scored at the Giro d'Italia would have been a big paycheck for them!

Quintana no longer has the recovery for grand tour GC, he would struggle to make top 10. He certainly would not be beating Landa for 3rd place.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't know where you're getting your points from but a podium in the Giro is 575 UCI points. They also got more from Tro Bro Leon (which is .Pro and not .1). Also simply doesn't matter that they got tons of points from the continental circuit while the Giro was going on. Fighting for a WT license (meaning you can start all three GTs) and then declining an invite to one of the GTs will always be weird and a bit pathetic to me.

That being said. LTS and Cofidis got a big amount of points from all those races too and had a team in the Giro. It's not like it's impossible to do both. Arkea's team is big enough.
Sorry, read that somewhere but I see it was way off. Agree though that missing the GTs is a bit disappointing and seems to defeat the purpose of aiming for a WT license in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: yaco
Pretty good day for Nairoman and the team today:

2NiXFrC1_o.png

Not such a good day yesterday, Nairo hoping for cooler weather in the Pyrenees, heavy falls for Barguil and Bouet: "
Warren presents bruising on his hip and right shoulder with dermabrasions. Maxime has a left chest injury with increased pain related to the previous trauma in Denmark, as well as a bruise on his left knee."

323BCw3i_o.png

yzOYJoqo_o.png

Thanks for the updates Barnacle Bill!

Time to part ways between Quintana and the team. He rode most of the third week alone at the Tour. I am not sure what were the expectations of this team at the Tour. But they need to refocus their energy in other areas just like Alpecin did. Because they are a bit lost at going at GC. Hopefully we'll see Quintana one last time at the Vuelta.

Reactions: Monte Serra

TRENDING THREADS