Team Astana

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
3,846
2
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Well done Kreuziger!!

still abit sad about astanas gc, but this absolutely made me forget it for a while!
awww don't be sad, Tanel Kangert just entered the top 30! :eek::p
 
Now that this nightmare gc wise in the giro is almost over we can finally look forward to the tour...
How will Astana ride the tour this year? they are going into the tour with Kessiakoff, Brajkovic, Kiserlovski, Kash, Vino, yes even Iglinsky might suprise us all.

All of the above might be capable of a top 10 this tour, but who will it be? what strategies will they have going into the tour?
 
May 19, 2011
4,857
1
0
Brajkovic will be GC leader
Vino attacks everyone said:
Now that this nightmare gc wise in the giro is almost over we can finally look forward to the tour...
How will Astana ride the tour this year? they are going into the tour with Kessiakoff, Brajkovic, Kiserlovski, Kash, Vino, yes even Iglinsky might suprise us all.

All of the above might be capable of a top 10 this tour, but who will it be? what strategies will they have going into the tour?
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Now that this nightmare gc wise in the giro is almost over we can finally look forward to the tour...
How will Astana ride the tour this year? they are going into the tour with Kessiakoff, Brajkovic, Kiserlovski, Kash, Vino, yes even Iglinsky might suprise us all.

All of the above might be capable of a top 10 this tour, but who will it be? what strategies will they have going into the tour?
None are capable imo ;)

Kiserlvoksi - Too much ITT for him.

Kash - When did he perform last time ?

Brajkovic - Gets sick and crashes, even if he won't he will not get Top 10.

Kessiakoff - Unproven, Top 20 posibly rather than Top 10

Vino - Possibly stage win, but with injuries he had and tough season so far, I really doubt a Top 10 for him. Still I will cheer him almighty and hope he does as good as he can.

That's my, possibly pessimistic look on it :p
 
Gloin22 said:
None are capable imo ;)

Kiserlvoksi - Too much ITT for him. - if he climbs with the best a random top 10 is not impossible

Kash - When did he perform last time ? - He just needs to do some real work in his preperations for once and he will win the whole **** (If Rujano can go into a gt as a favourite, why not Kash... :eek:)

Brajkovic - Gets sick and crashes, even if he won't he will not get Top 10. - meh... :eek:

Kessiakoff - Unproven, Top 20 posibly rather than Top 10 - we will see

Vino - Possibly stage win, but with injuries he had and tough season so far, I really doubt a Top 10 for him. Still I will cheer him almighty and hope he does as good as he can. - Vino will see that his team needs him. He get on his bike, get into form and wear the yellow jersey in Paris.

That's my, possibly pessimistic look on it :p
I do also belive Iglinsky can do what Vino did in 03
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
rxgqgxnyfz said:
I really hate the idea of the team trying to retrofit him into stage racer guy.

It may ruin him as a great classics rider.

I was even afraid to ask him that question in a meeting with fans as to not to give people bad ideas.
it didn't ruin vino either. especially now with the no needlepolicy that strong bigger guys are becoming better gc guys like voeckler, cobo, evans and now hesjedal
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
1
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Now that this nightmare gc wise in the giro is almost over we can finally look forward to the tour...
How will Astana ride the tour this year? they are going into the tour with Kessiakoff, Brajkovic, Kiserlovski, Kash, Vino, yes even Iglinsky might suprise us all.

All of the above might be capable of a top 10 this tour, but who will it be? what strategies will they have going into the tour?
vino will be the sole leader and rightfully so. brajkovic has nothing to do there. god how overrated can he get.
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Parrulo said:
Am i the only one thinking that it's pretty funny how our good friend kokoso has been MIA since yesterday's morning? :p
I've been in the mountains since thursday, no internet connection there of course.
 
Apr 22, 2012
3,570
0
0
Parrulo said:
Am i the only one thinking that it's pretty funny how our good friend kokoso has been MIA since yesterday's morning? :p
Itš pretty supid comment, you never know what bad could happen to anybody, you know. Think twice.
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
What do we think of Dauphine so far guys? Vino is as feard a loooonnnggg way from what we can call form.
On the much much much brighter side Kash is showing some form! for the first time since the tour of 07!!!
vino just prepares a final stage win in le tour and if he's lucky he can wear the maillot jaune finally.although the jersey thing for me is not so important.

kash seems really motivated finally.he used to be a powerhouse in the time trials so let's see what he can do thursday.but defnitely good signs for kash's quest of winning tour de france:)



i just imagine how good it'd be next year to see kreuziger,nibali and brajkovic all working in the mountains for kash:p

regarding max, i feel he will peak like an angel and he will deliver something big in those hilly stages maybe even in the high mountains in tour
after the ardennes,we might have another month full of sweet results by astana,this time in july.
 
jens_attacks said:
vino just prepares a final stage win in le tour and if he's lucky he can wear the maillot jaune finally.although the jersey thing for me is not so important.

kash seems really motivated finally.he used to be a powerhouse in the time trials so let's see what he can do thursday.but defnitely good signs for kash's quest of winning tour de france:)



i just imagine how good it'd be next year to see kreuziger,nibali and brajkovic all working in the mountains for kash:p

regarding max, i feel he will peak like an angel and he will deliver something big in those hilly stages maybe even in the high mountains in tour
after the ardennes,we might have another month full of sweet results by astana,this time in july.

Vino MUST wear the yellow jersey once in his extrodinary career.
Kash is indeed looking to be a factor this tour (let us see how he tt and really climb first)
 
Apr 26, 2010
1,035
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Vino MUST wear the yellow jersey once in his extrodinary career.
Kash is indeed looking to be a factor this tour (let us see how he tt and really climb first)
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lequack Professional Road Racing 19

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts