• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
so no Vuelta either then....................................................... um, oh yea forgot these:..................................................................... :(

Wiggins broke his collarbone and still rode Vuelta ;)

He will ride Vuelta if there's nothing more to it than broken collarbone.

Still sucks big time...

Remember when Vino was recruiting Andy at the Dauphiné back in the peloton?

astana.jpg

Am I the only one that can't wait for the ardennes next year? :eek:

If we do not loose anyone except Kreuziger (seems certain that he will dissapear) and our guys can get in the same shpae next year this can be extrodinary :eek:

Maxim, Nibbles, Gaspa, Kiser. All can win LBL
Gaspa and Maxim could both win the AGR.
And in the fleche wallone a top 3 is not at all unrealistic
Bring it on already!
:D

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Am I the only one that can't wait for the ardennes next year? :eek:

If we do not loose anyone except Kreuziger (seems certain that he will dissapear) and our guys can get in the same shpae next year this can be extrodinary :eek:

Maxim, Nibbles, Gaspa, Kiser. All can win LBL
Gaspa and Maxim could both win the AGR.
And in the fleche wallone a top 3 is not at all unrealistic
Bring it on already!
:D

Well Sky new goal are the classics:p I can see Cavendish and Eisel beating the whole Astana team

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Did they say that?

After the Tour win DB told the press they failed at the classics so is his next goal because they want to be the best team in the world. With Thomas and Boason Hagen at Ronde van Vlaanderen and Robaix, the ardennes I don't remember one specific name.

It would be very interesting to see Sky go at the classics. Up until now, Bailsford has won everything by being the strongest. Unless they intend to buy Cancellara, here they will need to rely on some tactics.

Unless of course Kerrison knows how to gear Brads training towards the cobbles.

The Hitch said:
It would be very interesting to see Sky go at the classics. Up until now, Bailsford has won everything by being the strongest. Unless they intend to buy Cancellara, here they will need to rely on some tactics.

Unless of course Kerrison knows how to gear Brads training towards the cobbles.
They have "G".

Urán for the Ardennes. He's got the capabilities, as he showed glimpses at Caisse with the Lombardia podium and the late breaks in places like Valdepeñas de Jaén, and he has shown a fair few similar signs of promise at Sky, but they're getting more frequent and more convincing and in a year or two he should be right up there in the mix for sure.

The thing is, though, the Classics are just much harder to control the way Sky have done with stage races, because there's such an element of luck and placing because there's no tomorrow, it's much harder to strangle the life out of the race until people can't even be bothered to attack, like Sky have done in stage races.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Since I didn't get answer in Eneco tour thread I'll ask it in here!

snackattack said:
Astana Pro Team
Guarnieri, Jacopo
Gruzdev, Dmitriy
Iglinskiy, Valentin
Kangert, Tanel
Muravyev, Dimitriy
Petrov, Evgeni
Ponzi, Simone
Renev, Sergey
Grivko, Andriy
Nepomnyachshiy, Evgeniy

What you guys think how good could be this Astana team in TTT?

Libertine Seguros said:
Urán for the Ardennes. He's got the capabilities, as he showed glimpses at Caisse with the Lombardia podium and the late breaks in places like Valdepeñas de Jaén, and he has shown a fair few similar signs of promise at Sky, but they're getting more frequent and more convincing and in a year or two he should be right up there in the mix for sure.

The thing is, though, the Classics are just much harder to control the way Sky have done with stage races, because there's such an element of luck and placing because there's no tomorrow, it's much harder to strangle the life out of the race until people can't even be bothered to attack, like Sky have done in stage races.

Both paragraphs could have been shortened inyo the same.4 short words.

"watch Olympic road race"