Team Astana

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I hope Kreuziger/ Brajkovic can go well in their respective GT's. Kreuziger is solid and i think could podium at the Giro. Brajkovic in my view can top 10 at the TDF as the ITT km shall work in his favour.

I like Kessiakoff/ Kiserlovski too for stage race options. Inglinsky will hopefully top 10 at P-R for my CQ team this week.
 
Libertine Seguros said:
The team looks to me a lot like Movistar last year (before all the terrible things that went wrong); a very strong support squad in search of a leader. No super-fast sprinters
Ventoso beat Petacchi in a sprint at the Giro last year. He just does not get enough team support.
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
kreuziger is another massively overrated rider. they also want nibali, who is also overrated.
How is he overrated:confused: He is solid and not great in all departments ( more an all rounder ) but he works with what he has and wins/ places. Coming 3rd ( 2nd ) in last years Giro shows he is good. Admittedly he did not then win the Vuelta like in 2010 but he has won a GT and is still young enough.

Gerrans/ all the other riders in the CQ rankings must be overrated as well ( since he is coming 2nd ).
 
Jun 7, 2011
641
0
0
SHAD0W93 said:
Mark my words Kreuziger will win the Giro next year.
Based on your signature I'd say I probably don't have to take this prediction too seriously:D Cav didnt win msr and canc didnt win flanders.
 
Mar 28, 2012
87
0
0
Kiserlovski was great today at Pais Vaso, He just didn't have the sprint in him at the end.
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
Libertine Seguros said:
The team looks to me a lot like Movistar last year (before all the terrible things that went wrong); a very strong support squad in search of a leader. No super-fast sprinters, but a couple of guys who can get good placements in trickier stages (Bozic, Gavazzi), some guys who can get decent placements in the classics (Iglinsky, Gasparotto), plus some second-tier contenders for stage races who can win smaller ones but will probably fall in the 5-15 area in GTs (Kreuziger, Kiserlovski, Brajkovic, Kessiakoff), with some strong helpers (Zeits, Tiralongo, Petrov). I am a big fan of Maxim Iglinsky - he is their best classics rider, getting good placings at de Ronde, San Remo and Gent-Wevelgem in his past, but was also Contador's last mountain helper in the '08 Giro, lasting the pace longer than Klöden or Leipheimer. Plus, Bruyneel said in his disputes with the Kazakh team owners over the Tour selections that they wanted Iglinsky in, and he didn't want to pick him because he felt he couldn't trust him.

There are some interesting prospects on the Continental team that could keep them alive for a while, though some like Shushemoin and Tleubayev aren't really all that young anymore (24-25)... Arman Kamyshev looks like a good one for the future though, while the team's only non-Kazakh, the Belarusian Kanstanstin Klimiankou, also could turn out to be pretty useful.
the problem with iglinskiy is that he's great talent and rider, but he's inconsistant and he never wants to work for other riders usually. you can barely depend on him. look how badly he rode again in flanders and msr this year despite incredible strade bianche in which he was the best with cancellara and gatto probably
 
Mar 31, 2010
18,137
0
0
Gloin22 said:
Really ? So who isn't overrated then ? I bet many Colombians ;)

Kreuziger and Nibali did great at Tirreno. While I think Kreuziger is bit too much hyped, I don't understand why Nibali. He was immense at Tirreno and will do great at Giro too if he rides. 3rd at MSR for a climber. That's one hell awesome result.
I'll sya here nibali will never ever win another gt. his vuelta win was a fluke and a pathetic one at that. riding velits on 3 minutes after 3 weeks is downright ridiculous to make you win a gt. last years vuelta and giro he was exposed hard. but through luck and great team he stayed on the podium(in giro), remember finestre. same in the giro that basso won. his timetrials and downhil skils are masisvely overrated. he's no where near top itt/gt riders like wiggins, leipheimer, contador, kloden, samu, menchov etc etc his downhils you ask? well show me where he took some masive time on downhils. savoldelli would take up to 3 minutes in some downhils nibali is lucky to get 20 seconds against riders like menchov and other sucky downhillers. in the tour 2009 was he ever dangerous in a downhil against real gt riders with above average downhil skils?? nope

but by all means keep overrating him like everyone does. I had a good time laying him last year for a vuelta win against great odds and will do so again this giro
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
the problem with iglinskiy is that he's great talent and rider, but he's inconsistant and he never wants to work for other riders usually.
That tends to be a problem for Kazakh riders, Inconsistansy, same goes for Dyachenko. He is great TT talent, and a okay climber, but he is so damn inconsistant. The only consistant rider nowdays seem to be Zeits who is a pure climber.

You bring up good points and have great knowledge, keep it up!
 
Ryo Hazuki said:
I'll sya here nibali will never ever win another gt. his vuelta win was a fluke and a pathetic one at that. riding velits on 3 minutes after 3 weeks is downright ridiculous to make you win a gt. last years vuelta and giro he was exposed hard. but through luck and great team he stayed on the podium(in giro), remember finestre. same in the giro that basso won. his timetrials and downhil skils are masisvely overrated. he's no where near top itt/gt riders like wiggins, leipheimer, contador, kloden, samu, menchov etc etc his downhils you ask? well show me where he took some masive time on downhils. savoldelli would take up to 3 minutes in some downhils nibali is lucky to get 20 seconds against riders like menchov and other sucky downhillers. in the tour 2009 was he ever dangerous in a downhil against real gt riders with above average downhil skils?? nope

but by all means keep overrating him like everyone does. I had a good time laying him last year for a vuelta win against great odds and will do so again this giro
You may be right about Nibali but then he has won one on the road unlike Schleck who is still looking unlikely to win a TDF for the next few years. I am not sure how Nibali's Vuelta win was a fluke unless you mean Anton was going to win before he crashed out. Nibali still might improve as may Andy but other riders like Rolland could improve too which means it won't get any easier to win grand tours. Not sure how far Kiserlovski and Kreuziger can go.
 
Swede1 said:
Based on your signature I'd say I probably don't have to take this prediction too seriously:D Cav didnt win msr and canc didnt win flanders.
True it seems everyone race I have predicted who will win has gone terrible but mark my words that will change at the Giro next year





or so I hope. :eek:
 
Jun 7, 2011
641
0
0
SHAD0W93 said:
True it seems everyone race I have predicted who will win has gone terrible but mark my words that will change at the Giro next year





or so I hope. :eek:
Haha I wouldnt mind seeing him win a GT. If everything went perfectly well and he improved just a slight bit I think he could. As long as the competition isnt too hard.
 
Apr 26, 2010
1,035
0
0
I kinda stopped caring about the team honestly (blasphemous i know).

It's like everyone deteriorates there nowadays, except for Kessiakoff.

They're getting quite a lot top 10 at stages lately, and the team is collecting UCI points steadily. But this is setting the bar way too low.
 
Oct 23, 2011
3,846
2
0
I kind off lost intrest in this team because of no Vino, until Kiserlovski showed up this year. :)

Is Kiserlovski doing the Ardennes? He ought to, after climbing well the entire year, especially on puncy climbs and after that epic attack in Pais Vasco.
 
rxgqgxnyfz said:
I kinda stopped caring about the team honestly (blasphemous i know).

It's like everyone deteriorates there nowadays, except for Kessiakoff.

They're getting quite a lot top 10 at stages lately, and the team is collecting UCI points steadily. But this is setting the bar way too low.
Kiserlovski, has improved (even if we haven't seen him in the big mountains yet this year), Kreuziger has lost his tt, but is strong in the not to hard mountians.
We got Masciarelli that atleast I have big hopes for in the giro (if he get a protected role ofc)
 
Maaaaaaaarten said:
I kind off lost intrest in this team because of no Vino, until Kiserlovski showed up this year. :)

Is Kiserlovski doing the Ardennes? He ought to, after climbing well the entire year, especially on puncy climbs and after that epic attack in Pais Vasco.
I actually don't know what Kiserlovskis plans are this year.
But i guess he will do the giro (?). Since he is a pure climer so the tour wont fit any good, and we got a couple of guys that want the leader role in the tour (without any justification for it) like Brajkovic and probably Kasheckin
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lequack Professional Road Racing 5

ASK THE COMMUNITY