• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ILovecycling said:
I think it is important to do well in classics.At least podium from one of the ardenes and nice performance in MSR.After this they would have good confidence before Giro.Than hopefully win Giro and Top10 Tour and stage with Guardini.Afer that ,nice results from canad. classics(Gaspa,Maxim)

they will have the strongest Ardennes team on paper, so a victory there should bew possible

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
they will have the strongest Ardennes team on paper, so a victory there should bew possible

Yeah,but i think it will be extremely difficult!Amstel - beat Sagan,Fleche - beat Purito n Phil,Liege - beat Phil n Piti...but yes,with Nibs,Maxim and Gaspa they have big power:cool:

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
new jersey a bit closer
0_9685c_29a42101_XXXL.jpg

new sponsor
0_96a63_aa244b24_XXXL.jpg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Yeah,but i think it will be extremely difficult!Amstel - beat Sagan,Fleche - beat Purito n Phil,Liege - beat Phil n Piti...but yes,with Nibs,Maxim and Gaspa they have big power:cool:

Still Nibali's supposed to peak for the Giro, so I doubt he'll be as good as this year in LBL. Kiserlovski moving to RS hasn't made them any stronger either. On top of that it will be very hard for Iglinskiy and Gaspa, who had the form of their lives, to be as strong as in 2012. They're being watched now.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Lutsenko, I wont say no more :cool:

Already overestimating his abilities, he should first finish one of the classics before you can say he's Kiserlovski's worthy replacement. ;) Did he even attack once in the WC U23 race? His results above 150kms aren't impressive either, except the WC win.

Pentacycle said:
Already overestimating his abilities, he should first finish one of the classics before you can say he's XXXX worthy replacement. ;) Did he even attack once in the WC U23 race? His results above 150kms aren't impressive either, except the WC win.

Do not speak of that traitors name on this thread :mad:

:p

Seriously though, I hope Lutsenko can come out of next years season with perhaps a couple of stages from some smaller stage races

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea, Happy new year everybody. This year (still next year for some) will be a tremendous year for the Astana people. Giro and ardennes here we come!
Best wishes VAE.

Nibbles in that shirt hurts my eyes, sorry, not intended to insult, if taken so my apologies.

TRENDING THREADS