• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
yea, all those people that laughed at me (and some others to ofc) when we said that Birdsong would top 10 easily will now have to eat their own words :)

Don't count your words yet still some stages to go.

Vino attacks everyone said:
yea, all those people that laughed at me (and some others to ofc) when we said that Birdsong would top 10 easily will now have to eat their own words :)

I'm with you on this one, always been supportive of Sexy Fuglsang's crawl to a fantastic (dream big!) top 5!

He's sexy and he knows it.

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
haven't seen the stage (been racing), but just checked the results. ASTANA!!! :eek:, that was a surprise to see. Very nice win, Nibali's race is off to a nice start. :)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ASTANA spring campaign is not as good as last year, but did pretty damn well in the GTs due to Nibali's effort. Even Fulgsang gave me a pleasant surprise in the Tour!

maxmartin said:
ASTANA spring campaign is not as good as last year, but did pretty damn well in the GTs due to Nibali's effort. Even Fulgsang gave me a pleasant surprise in the Tour!

Well Vino said at the start of the year I belive, that it was gc in the gts they would go for this year. So Iglinsky and Gaspa were pretty alone in focusing on the ardennes. + ofc, that Iglinsky have been underpreforming all year. (won a stage in Luxemburg or something before the tour is pretty much it really)

Tbh I've been quite disappointed in Kangert this Vuelta. Too concerned about his own GC (where he got 11th lol :eek:) to be a decent teammate to Nibbles. Despite all my dislike of Fuglsang I have to admit that he was a loyal dom the whole Vuelta, and was there when needed.

If the Ypres stage is going to be a medium (long) TTT, I hope his team in the Tour next year (even though I still think he should win another Giro, and then give the Vuelta 100 %, instead of focusing on worlds) is going to be:

Nibali
Vanotti
Fuglsang
Tiralongo
Brajkovic
Grivko
Westra
Agnoli

Tangert (Only if he is going to be 100% loyal, which I doubt...)
or
Pellizotti (who'll lead the Giro together with Aru)

Netserk said:
Tbh I've been quite disappointed in Kangert this Vuelta. Too concerned about his own GC (where he got 11th lol :eek:) to be a decent teammate to Nibbles. Despite all my dislike of Fuglsang I have to admit that he was a loyal dom the whole Vuelta, and was there when needed.

If the Ypres stage is going to be a medium (long) TTT, I hope his team in the Tour next year (even though I still think he should win another Giro, and then give the Vuelta 100 %, instead of focusing on worlds) is going to be:

Nibali
Vanotti
Fuglsang
Tiralongo
Brajkovic
Grivko
Westra
Agnoli

or

Nibbles will need Kangert in the tour. He has been steadily improving every year. Kangert will be Nibalis last man in the mountians for sure.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:

Nibali
Vanotti
Fuglsang
Tiralongo
Brajkovic
Grivko
Westra
Agnoli

or

Fuglsang will lead the giro from my source.

TRENDING THREADS