• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
markene2 said:
Was debating where to post this, in the general news thread, here or in the vino thread.

Anyway, Vino just got his own bike brand, that has been in development for two years, it's manufactured in Kazakhstan, and will be used in the Vino-4-Ever team, and he does not exclude that the will be in use in the Astana team soon. Under the unveiling Aru, Tiralongo, Murayev and Bazajev where all present together with Vino.

VINO_VELO.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5mOzmvc26s

More info in Russian: http://www.sportinfo.kz/news/show/name/vino___sdelano_v_kazahstane_112736.html
I know what my next bike is gonna be :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
yes. Was supposed to do the giro, but couldn't after the passport trouble he and Iglinsky had.

Yeah, i know the giro story. Man, that could be one hell of a team for the Vuelta with him, Kangert, Landa & Aru. Maybe they could even bring Guardini for the sprints.

Vino attacks everyone said:
If Kess can get back to his old level he will be a strong man to have to. Indeed the team looks very good on paper. But in the Vuelta there is allways someone off form :eek:

Kessiakoff has a history of good autumn form but this year has been so abysmal I wouldn't be suprised if he retires rather than come to Vuelta in any kind of form.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
What's going on with Lutsenko? I've heard he'll ride the mighty Tour of Almaty with Nbali, i think he could very well on this years Lombardia course. Why was he not selected for the wc road race or the itt?

Mayomaniac said:
What's going on with Lutsenko? I've heard he'll ride the mighty Tour of Almaty with Nbali, i think he could very well on this years Lombardia course. Why was he not selected for the wc road race or the itt?

He was very strong in the Vuelta. really suprised me on the stage Anacona won. Was clearly the 2nd strongest, but deided to stick on HEsjedals wheel when Anacona went.

+ Astana puts more weight on having their biggest names in Almaty ratherthan in Italy

Mayomaniac said:

He did not ride the WC because he was riding the Asian Games TT and won it. Though it was strange not to send him to the WC road race instead of Zeits or Dyachenko. I think he could have been in the top 10.

I have no idea if he will ride Lombardia, more likely he will ride Tour of Almaty.

markene2 said:
He did not ride the WC because he was riding the Asian Games TT and won it. Though it was strange not to send him to the WC road race instead of Zeits or Dyachenko. I think he could have been in the top 10.

I have no idea if he will ride Lombardia, more likely he will ride Tour of Almaty.

Had not noticed that. Well done Lutsenko!
Probably not the greatest competitors though :p

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
markene2 said:

He's on the Tour of Almaty startlist.

TRENDING THREADS