• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino and Lutsenko's hunting trip earlier this week starting to get results :D:D

E7x3mWBXoAINe7h

E7x3l78X0AECTw3
Reminds me of Nibali's rant about how he hated those hunting trips.:D
Classic Central Asian stuff, reminds me of the stories that one of my father's nest friends has. The guy worked as a horse dealer in Central Asia at the end of the 90ies, some of those stories make the Astana stuff sound like child's play. Those about Turkmenistan back in the day sound like straight out of North Korea...

Time to start recruiting some talent because (officially) they have like 7 or 8 riders under contract for next year.

I have no idea how they will solve this, Premier-Tech/Yana was responsible for letting Lopez go, he wanted the same salary to stay. Rumour says Aranburu is also signed with movistar + a lot of talent is also going due to mismanagment. At least they have Lutsenko secured with this news.

Reactions: joe_papp
I have no idea how they will solve this, Premier-Tech/Yana was responsible for letting Lopez go, he wanted the same salary to stay. Rumour says Aranburu is also signed with movistar + a lot of talent is also going due to mismanagment. At least they have Lutsenko secured with this news.
They also need a gt rider, I can't see them only having Pronskiy and Sobrero as potential future gt riders alongside Lutsenko...

Reactions: joe_papp
Can we have discussion on it if it is purely related to impacts of the situation on the world tour cycling team?
Mod hat on:

As long as it's statements such as "situation X would mean funding is lost from Y" it's ok. I've deleted a post as it contained an opinion and that's where it gets dicey. Essentially the politics can't be the subject of the discussion and if it happens we'll have to remove it.

Reactions: hayneplane
Mod hat on:

As long as it's statements such as "situation X would mean funding is lost from Y" it's ok. I've deleted a post as it contained an opinion and that's where it gets dicey. Essentially the politics can't be the subject of the discussion and if it happens we'll have to remove it.
Earlier in this thread there's a post linking to another Astana thread that currently has 37 pages. This thread can be closed and posts moved there if deemed relevant.

TRENDING THREADS