• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vino attacks everyone said:
Kiserlovski, has improved (even if we haven't seen him in the big mountains yet this year), Kreuziger has lost his tt, but is strong in the not to hard mountians.
We got Masciarelli that atleast I have big hopes for in the giro (if he get a protected role ofc)

If "you" have Masciarelli can you tell me why he didn't ride any races since TdU?

Signed,

concerned Mascirelli, err, follower

roundabout said:
If "you" have Masciarelli can you tell me why he didn't ride any races since TdU?

Signed,

concerned Mascirelli, err, follower

Onlythin I really know is that he was sick for a while, but I do not know why he havnet done anything since early March. But he is in the lineup for Giro del Trentino togheter with what looks like most of Astanas giro team.

Lineup: 31. KREUZIGER Roman
32. TIRALONGO Paolo
33. KESSIAKOFF Fredrik Carl Wilhelm
34. SEELDRAEYERS Kevin
35. SILIN Egor
36. ZEITS Andrey
37. MASCIARELLI Francesco
38. RENEV Sergey

May 2, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
I hope Kreuziger/ Brajkovic can go well in their respective GT's. Kreuziger is solid and i think could podium at the Giro. Brajkovic in my view can top 10 at the TDF as the ITT km shall work in his favour.

I like Kessiakoff/ Kiserlovski too for stage race options. Inglinsky will hopefully top 10 at P-R for my CQ team this week.

I think Kreuziger is solid too, but I'm still not sure if he's got it in him to win a gran tour, last year he did a good giro but he never really looked like he could threaten Scarponi or Nibali (Contador untouchable), the question is can he improve?
About Brajkovic, who is Brajkovic? What has he ever done except win a Dauphine in 2009 (not so sure about the year)? To be honest I don't think he will ever win anything again and if he does a top 20 in the tour I'll be surprised.
I'll be happy to eat my words cause I've got nothing against the guy, but I never saw him perform except that one time

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
lukinox said:
I think Kreuziger is solid too, but I'm still not sure if he's got it in him to win a gran tour, last year he did a good giro but he never really looked like he could threaten Scarponi or Nibali (Contador untouchable), the question is can he improve?
About Brajkovic, who is Brajkovic? What has he ever done except win a Dauphine in 2009 (not so sure about the year)? To be honest I don't think he will ever win anything again and if he does a top 20 in the tour I'll be surprised.
I'll be happy to eat my words cause I've got nothing against the guy, but I never saw him perform except that one time

Kreuzinger is a pretty solid climber, but his TT isn't all that good. That being said, he is an excellent GT rider for consistency. Sure he isn't capable of winning unless the time is absolutely perfect, but he can be counted on to be 6, 7, or 8th - which I think is still impressive. Brajki same... a better TT'er, but not as good of a climber.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
http://astanafans.com/pro-team-astana-raspredelitsya-mezhdu-ardennami-i-dolomitami.html

Google translate (too lazy to translate myself ;p ):
Martinelli:
Another one of our trump card - it's Jani Brajkovic, who had a difficult first half of the season. He experienced some difficulties, which were the result of his recent health problems. I hope that Trentino, and then Romandie, will give him self-confidence, the psychological aspect is very important to achieve big goals. Gasparotto's victory will also help, which showed that we were working not for nothing, it's a significant boost for the team spirit. "

Gasparotto hastened himself to share his joy with everyone: "I want to thank all my teammates, this general result, without them it would have been unattainable. I especially want to thank Bozich and Gavazzi, who sacrificed his personal hopes for the team during the race, as well as for his leadership Bontempi course of the race. Special thanks to my friends and my family, who are the closest people to me, despite the fact that I often have to leave them, their faith and their sacrifices in such days shall be paid in full.

Third place in 2010, the year has strengthened my belief that this race I am able, I longed to improve this achievement. Opponents had a lot, everyone was very dangerous, especially BMC, whose commitment was excellent. I remembered the finish on the Kauberg in 2010, that in the final meters i need to keep a hefty supply of power, this year I have considered it and that's why could not defeat. I celebrated the victory with my friends and now ready to flash Wallonia and Liege, I believe that it is ready for 100% of the new race. "

Regarding Flash Wallonia sportdirektor Guido Bontempi said about the settings for the race: "Now that we are moving in the Ardennes, terrain varies greatly, we are waiting for the ups 2-3 kilometers in length, we have to storm the three famous Wall of Huy hardest. I can not apply a lot about the planned strategy and tactics of the race, but I can say that our main hopes vested in Gasparotto, Iglinskiy and Kiserlovski. "

Also throw this one in, too:
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...alia-course-is-ideal-for-Roman-Kreuziger.aspx
Funny quote:
“Seven of the nine are chosen,” he explained. “The Czech Kreuziger, the Swede [Fredrik] Kessiakof, the Estonian [Tanel] Kangert, the Russian [Evgeni] Petrov, the Belgian [Kevin] Seeldrayers, the Kazakh [Alexsandr] Dyachenko, the Italian [Paolo] Tiralongo.
It's like cheesy 80s action movie where mercs from around the world (each representing overtly racist national stereotype) fight the baddies :D
Very good team for the mountains though.

Vino attacks everyone said:
Let us see what he can do in the mountains first

unfortunately his form for the mountains is classified by the state of kazakhstan until july.then we will know:p

astana_2_600.jpg

astana_600.jpg

closed mouth and not a single sweat was done that day.

even if i'm not his biggest fan,check kreuziger's legs,he looks in excellent form for il giro too

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
did you see kash today,taking huge relays on the front of the team and breathing smoothly on his nose?the man is slowly coming back to life.andy won't even know what hit him in july
Don't toy with my heart like that :(

* haven't even seen the race

jens_attacks said:
unfortunately his form for the mountains is classified by the state of kazakhstan until july.then we will know:p

astana_2_600.jpg

astana_600.jpg

closed mouth and not a single sweat was done that day.

even if i'm not his biggest fan,check kreuziger's legs,he looks in excellent form for il giro too

This will be the image for Kash after tomorows stage. (Sorry to say)

18788747.jpg

markene2 said:
This will be the image for Kash after tomorows stage. (Sorry to say)

18788747.jpg

bettiniphoto_0107481_1_full_600.jpg

what did i tell you?

45 38 KAZ19800321 KASHECHKIN Andrey (KAZ) 1980 AST ASTANA PRO TEAM 4:03'13 3'43

he was caught in the second group,not bad

but i'm pretty worried,he already showed more than andy by now,maybe it's too early to place in top 50.

we should now keep an eye on the monster kern.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Let's wait till the Giro

I was more thinking about in terms of what impact do we expect them to make at the Giro. What would be considered successful, complete failure etc.

I think Kreuziger/seeldrayers are both good for anonymous 10ths or so and would really like to see them take a risk, maybe win a stage and make it a visible 10th :)

karlboss said:
I was more thinking about in terms of what impact do we expect them to make at the Giro. What would be considered successful, complete failure etc.

I think Kreuziger/seeldrayers are both good for anonymous 10ths or so and would really like to see them take a risk, maybe win a stage and make it a visible 10th :)

Both of these riders have not achieved the results thet many people expected of them. I thought Kreuziger would be able to take it to the next level but he is struggling to do that and his TT riding is not what it used to be.

TRENDING THREADS