• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
seeldrayers isn't a domestique though. he always rides for himself. he's a ridiculous rider in every way. just read one of his interviews. I wouldn't want him in my team even if he paid me

Ryo Hazuki said:
seeldrayers isn't a domestique though. he always rides for himself. he's a ridiculous rider in every way. just read one of his interviews. I wouldn't want him in my team even if he paid me

I agree with what you say, i think we all saw it clearly in Trentino. Kreuziger droped and he did not drop back to pace him, he just rode his own race, even though Kreuziger was placed well in the GC.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
It's Official. Maxim ****ing RULES
2_etapa11_copia_600.jpg

Maxim%20Iglinskiy.jpg

what a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh yeaaaaaah

after 2010 emotions,i didn't think it's possible to feel that again with vino out.max proved me wrong because i kind of lose hope in him last year where i was hyping him to win ronde and at least one other monument.

oh the feeling to see him dropping nibali like a rocket.precious

if vino retires,the world is safe now.

what a race he made.unbelievable

jens_attacks said:
what a hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh yeaaaaaah

after 2010 emotions,i didn't think it's possible to feel that again with vino out.max proved me wrong because i kind of lose hope in him last year where i was hyping him to win ronde and at least one other monument.

oh the feeling to see him dropping nibali like a rocket.precious

if vino retires,the world is safe now.

what a race he made.unbelievable

Max and Nibali certainly salvaged the race. I agree he's been threatening to do something big for a while now, doesn't make this any less of a surprise. Very happy. Astana a big turnaround from last year.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Wow, wow wow, guys. Slow down. Apparently it's Katusha, not Astana that took 2 out of 3 wins at Ardennes' after all, according to CN at least :D
e1138f025398.jpg

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Good win by Iglinskiy. Been threatening to do it for a long time. Good progression.

But fresh as a daisy? LOL, I love it. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Dan Martin's view of today: "I think you saw in the final that nobody had any legs left and nobody could make a difference and then it was a slow motion sprint at the end when you've got nothing left."

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Konfronto said:
Now I wonder what we should expect from "Mad Max" Iglinskiy in the second half of the season?! Total madness I guess)
He usually does Tour and/or Dauphine as domestique but now i don't know.

One thing for sure Astana's "Classics trio" overachieved majorly and team's GT guys are looking poor in comparison.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Konfronto said:
Now I wonder what we should expect from "Mad Max" Iglinskiy in the second half of the season?! Total madness I guess)

This is obviously his biggest win, and he is clearly in the form of his life, what does this mean going forward? GT stage win maybe. Being a solid domestique. What else could it possibly mean? Olympics or Worlds ;)

I'm happy for Astanas' classic campaign. Great rides by Inglinsky and Gasparotto in both races.

Now for Kreuziger to go well at the Giro and Brajkovic at the TDF.

I think based on today Inglinsky deserves a leadership role for the WC RR course.

TRENDING THREADS