• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Indeed also because he is a good TT and because there is a bigger chance Brajkovic will muck up at the tour and give Kessaikoff his leadership chance than kreuziger mucking up at the Giro
by that time Kessiakoff will be alredy ill with huge loss probably...the chance is very little

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
In fact this was best TT Roman rode of all time and it suggests that his TT has improved. That would be as I always imagined him - limit losses to pure climbers in mountains, than smash it in TT.

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to Eurosport Sweden's commentator, who is a friend of Kessiakoff, the final decision about him participating in the Giro will be taken tomorrow monday.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
That's old information, later Roman said that 100% sure is only him, Tiralongo, Kangert, Petrov and rest yet to be decided. Dyachenko, Seeldrayers are very likely, Ponzi too. One more Italian is sure - Gavazzi/Gasparotto/Guarnieri.
What i really like about this team is that all of these guys are mountain types except one semi sprinter guy like Gasparotto.

And most of them are already in their 80-90% peak form as we see: obviously Tiralongo, Seeldrayers and Kreuziger were very active in Romandie, Dyachenko showed great mountain form in Turkey.

Okay, i am getting too excited :(

Vino attacks everyone said:
would suprise me if Gasparotto is going, he has had a long spring now, but we will see

actually he announced on twitter that he will go

Enrico Gasparotto ‏ @enrigasparotto Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ora e'ufficiale!!mercoledì si parte per la Danimarca... @giroditalia arrivo anche io!!entusiasta..manco dalla tappa dell'Aquila del 2010...

JRod aint one i consider for a top 3 in the giro thought :p

last year he was one of the strongest in last days of racing.for him it will be a blessing to not have early mountain stages,everything in the third week.he can podium too

jens_attacks said:
actually he announced on twitter that he will go

Enrico Gasparotto ‏ @enrigasparotto Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Ora e'ufficiale!!mercoledì si parte per la Danimarca... @giroditalia arrivo anche io!!entusiasta..manco dalla tappa dell'Aquila del 2010...

last year he was one of the strongest in last days of racing.for him it will be a blessing to not have early mountain stages,everything in the third week.he can podium too

he will probably win a stage, so it is very good that he shows up :)
meh, he will find a way to screw it up, you'll see :p

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
rxgqgxnyfz said:
What i really like about this team is that all of these guys are mountain types except one semi sprinter guy like Gasparotto.

And most of them are already in their 80-90% peak form as we see: obviously Tiralongo, Seeldrayers and Kreuziger were very active in Romandie, Dyachenko showed great mountain form in Turkey.

Okay, i am getting too excited :(
Great is bit too strong word for Dyachenko, it was only Tour of Turkey he was beaten by some Bulgarian :) And Seeldrayers was losing on the non - selective parcours, one would ecxpect more from him.

For Roman I begin to fear if he times his form well for third week of Giro which will be decisive. He seems to be in great shape already, isn't it to soon?...

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the physics is worse now, than it was when I was a pro :D

gotta love that guy!
Mistranslation: he means physical shape. He basically says that this generation are much weaker than his and they are only going faster because their bikes are lighter.
And of course you can't have Abdou's interview without him having at it towards Cippolini ;p

TRENDING THREADS