• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 15, 2009
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Today Kreuziger either is gona make it or loose it. If he looses time to Tira yet again i think we can say that he wont be the captain for much longer

This.
Else it just can be a Froome-Wiggins situation with the same outcome.

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
RK should be used to have 2 captains in the team :D - why not to give Tiralongo free hand? There is a lot of good domestiques from other teams - Szmyd is an excellent one, I am sure Roman can hold on Basso's wheel (or any other), if needed, but to waste the explosive power of Paolo is such a waste... I would love to see what can he do, now it seems he is actualy finding him self as a serious contender.
With Alberto as a leader I do understand he could feel his superiority, but this is a different situation.
The final TT is not that long for Paolo to cath 5 minutes.
Well, all the best to both.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
always felt with Tira if he got the protection he gives to others he could do well. He deserves to have a chance at GC and is the strongest rider. Surely the road should settle it

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
My post number 1000 is: Vino is the rider any cyclist or aspiring cyclist should look to copy. His aggressive way of cycling and his will to attack and his fighting spirit is unmatched in the pro peloton. He deserves to wear the yellow jersey this summer

+1000

10 char

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Today Tira sucked and Roman put in decent performance. Good for him, I'll be rooting for him hard! Only i wish the weather gets better, than Roman'll get better too.

Kokoso said:
Today Tira sucked and Roman put in decent performance. Good for him, I'll be rooting for him hard! Only i wish the weather gets better, than Roman'll get better too.

this anoys me. Not what you wrote but the fact that Kreuziger on a good day can't quite follow the best and Tira is too unstable in his performances. It ends up with 2 guys in the top 10 in the places from 6-10, without really competing for the gt overall at all... :(

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
this anoys me. Not what you wrote but the fact that Kreuziger on a good day can't quite follow the best and Tira is too unstable in his performances. It ends up with 2 guys in the top 10 in the places from 6-10, without really competing for the gt overall at all... :(
He lost just 4 seconds yesterday and that might be because it seemed that he was working for Tira, who was in Roman's slipstream more or less all the time.
You don't know, if that was good day or if better are yet to come. He doesn't perform so well in wet, cold weather. Yesterday - less wet, warmer - better performance. Look for instance on Mt. Ventoux TdF 2009, it was hot, 20th stage and he rode very well there compared to the rest od that Tour.

So just root more for him (as you're able to root for Tira) to he can hear you and don't doubt about him. Maybe he'll put in better performance than you can imagine now. He needs as a fan, not doubter ;)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
RK will get better and better, both he and Basso will shine in the third week. He is going to be in top 3, even have a chance to throw Basso out of the throne:D

TRENDING THREADS