• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
RK will get better and better, both he and Basso will shine in the third week. He is going to be in top 3, even have a chance to throw Basso out of the throne:D
4.jpg

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Let's not get ridiculous now. You know as well as I do that he can't climb with the best riders here, as low as the level may be. The three high mountain stages are yet to come. Yesterday's medium mountain stage, because that's what it was, is another matter.
I'm not sure, he's still doing better than one of the best climbers in superb form :D

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Two of the best climbers, actually. :eek:

But there's still Basso, Scarponi, Henao, Purito and Gadret who will almost certainly beat Kreuziger in GC. Maybe a few others, too.
Who is the second one?

Ryo Hazuki said:
he hasn't improved in years.
Yeah but even without improving Kreuziger has always been a reliable top 10 machine, producing wholly unspectacular and forgetable results. Consistency was his saving grace. At least if you signed him you knew he'd be up there scoring you some points, even if ultimately nothing came out of it.

I guess having a truly bad day is not the end of the world, but I wasn't expecting something like this.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he hasn't improved in years. nibali is also overrated. vino need to have a better transfer policy. only some like kiserlovski were good buys

Should buy De Gendt if he's up for it. Agressive versatile rider who's on the rise. You can say Nibali's overrated, but his palmares says he gets results, and he actually attacks as well. Can't think of many current GC guys who are more like Vino tbh.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Yeah but even without improving Kreuziger has always been a reliable top 10 machine, producing wholly unspectacular and forgetable results. Consistency was his saving grace. At least if you signed him you knew he'd be up there scoring you some points, even if ultimately nothing came out of it.

I guess having a truly bad day is not the end of the world, but I wasn't expecting something like this.

he probably had a hungerflat but even without it he might have finished 7th or so this giro.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
taiwan said:
Should buy De Gendt if he's up for it. Agressive versatile rider who's on the rise. You can say Nibali's overrated, but his palmares says he gets results, and he actually attacks as well. Can't think of many current GC guys who are more like Vino tbh.

de gendt has a difficult mentality but maybe vino could motivate him. he's physically extraordinary talent

TRENDING THREADS