• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 28, 2011
cqmanager.net
I was waiting to hear what kind of excuse he will give us this time ...

So here you have it ...

Co se ti přihodilo?
Dostal jsem šílené křeče. Do celých nohou a od zápěstí až ke krku. Bylo to ubíjející, ale vůbec jsem nemohl dál. Žádný hlaďák, ale vybouchnul jsem jen kvůli tomuhle.

Věděl jsi hned, že je zle?
Jasně. Ještě, že tam na mě počkal Kangert. Díky němu jsem to dojel. A poslední kopec Passo Giau, to bylo jedno velké utrpení. Málem jsem se nahoru nevydrápal. Několikrát jsem musel úplně zastavit a slézt z kola, abych trochu protřepal nohy.

Jak ti je, když jsi přišel o šance na slušné umístění?
Hrozně. Mrzí mě to kvůli týmu, který mi věřil, a všichni na mě makali. A taky kvůli všem těm českým fanouškům. Dnes jich byla u trati spousta a povzbuzovali mě, i když jsem tam sotva visel a měl jsem tmu před očima. Moc vám všem děkuju za podporu a mrzí mě, že jsem zklamal. Moje Giro je v háji, to je jasné.

Co bude dál?
Zítra je naštěstí lehčí etapa. Třeba se mi podaří trošku zregenerovat. Ale teď netuším, jak se mi pojede. Celkové pořadí je pryč, tak bych strašně rád zkusil aspoň nějakou etapu. Pokusím se o únik, ale že jí vyhraju, to fakt slíbit nemůžu. Vůbec nevím, jak na tom budu.

Jsi hodně zlomený?
Dost. Stalo se to, co nikdo nečekal. Etapa se mi líbila a věřil jsem, že mi sedne. Měl jsem Giro perfektně rozjeté a teď... Těžko se mi o tom mluví. Je to jeden z nejčernějších dní mojí kariéry. Ještě jednou díky všem fanouškům za podporu.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Roman says on his web that he got serious spasms both to the legs and hands - all along from wrists to the neck and he felt like to be in a fog and even wasnt able to think properly - just tried to hang on to his team-mates wheels. As I noticed that he have been suffering from compulsions for several years, it could be reasonable to have some medical exam - as neurological or metabolic screenings.

CQmanager said:

So here you have it ...

Co se ti přihodilo?
Dostal jsem šílené křeče. Do celých nohou a od zápěstí až ke krku. Bylo to ubíjející, ale vůbec jsem nemohl dál. Žádný hlaďák, ale vybouchnul jsem jen kvůli tomuhle.

Věděl jsi hned, že je zle?
Jasně. Ještě, že tam na mě počkal Kangert. Díky němu jsem to dojel. A poslední kopec Passo Giau, to bylo jedno velké utrpení. Málem jsem se nahoru nevydrápal. Několikrát jsem musel úplně zastavit a slézt z kola, abych trochu protřepal nohy.

Jak ti je, když jsi přišel o šance na slušné umístění?
Hrozně. Mrzí mě to kvůli týmu, který mi věřil, a všichni na mě makali. A taky kvůli všem těm českým fanouškům. Dnes jich byla u trati spousta a povzbuzovali mě, i když jsem tam sotva visel a měl jsem tmu před očima. Moc vám všem děkuju za podporu a mrzí mě, že jsem zklamal. Moje Giro je v háji, to je jasné.

Co bude dál?
Zítra je naštěstí lehčí etapa. Třeba se mi podaří trošku zregenerovat. Ale teď netuším, jak se mi pojede. Celkové pořadí je pryč, tak bych strašně rád zkusil aspoň nějakou etapu. Pokusím se o únik, ale že jí vyhraju, to fakt slíbit nemůžu. Vůbec nevím, jak na tom budu.

Jsi hodně zlomený?
Dost. Stalo se to, co nikdo nečekal. Etapa se mi líbila a věřil jsem, že mi sedne. Měl jsem Giro perfektně rozjeté a teď... Těžko se mi o tom mluví. Je to jeden z nejčernějších dní mojí kariéry. Ještě jednou díky všem fanouškům za podporu.
heh, classics
i am also curious what will his arrogant father say tomorrow on czech eurosport during the live coverage :rolleyes:

still thinking it was his stupid mistake again - "hungerflat" or just this is his best.

Sep 28, 2011
cqmanager.net
CQmanager said:

So here you have it ...

Co se ti přihodilo? What happened?
Dostal jsem šílené křeče. Do celých nohou a od zápěstí až ke krku. Bylo to ubíjející, ale vůbec jsem nemohl dál. Žádný hlaďák, ale vybouchnul jsem jen kvůli tomuhle. Cramps ... I couldnt continue because of that

Věděl jsi hned, že je zle? Did you know its over?
Jasně. Ještě, že tam na mě počkal Kangert. Díky němu jsem to dojel. A poslední kopec Passo Giau, to bylo jedno velké utrpení. Málem jsem se nahoru nevydrápal. Několikrát jsem musel úplně zastavit a slézt z kola, abych trochu protřepal nohy. Yes ... I was lucky Kangert waited for me otherwise I wouldnt finish. It was bad and the last climb was struggle. Almost didnt make it and I had to stop several times to stretch my legs

Jak ti je, když jsi přišel o šance na slušné umístění? How do you feel knowing good placing is gone?
Hrozně. Mrzí mě to kvůli týmu, který mi věřil, a všichni na mě makali. A taky kvůli všem těm českým fanouškům. Dnes jich byla u trati spousta a povzbuzovali mě, i když jsem tam sotva visel a měl jsem tmu před očima. Moc vám všem děkuju za podporu a mrzí mě, že jsem zklamal. Moje Giro je v háji, to je jasné. Horrible. Because of my team who was believing in me and working for me. Also because all the Czech fans who showed up today. My Giro is gone.

Co bude dál? Whats next?
Zítra je naštěstí lehčí etapa. Třeba se mi podaří trošku zregenerovat. Ale teď netuším, jak se mi pojede. Celkové pořadí je pryč, tak bych strašně rád zkusil aspoň nějakou etapu. Pokusím se o únik, ale že jí vyhraju, to fakt slíbit nemůžu. Vůbec nevím, jak na tom budu. TOmrrow is easier stage. Hopefully I can recover and will try to win a stage but I cant promise that.

Jsi hodně zlomený? Are you brokenhearted?
Yes, Nobody was expecting this. The stage profile looked good and my race was going great. Thanks again to all fans for the support

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be suprised to see Taaramäe in Astana next year for a variety of reasons. Due to the fact that Kreuziger is not performing very well they need a new GC contender. Astana has already been trying to sign him during the previous seasons and his contract is running out with Cofidis this season. Also Tanel Kangert already being there is a huge bonus for Taaramäe.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If they manage to sign Nibbles, they have 2 solid GT contenders in Vincenzo and Robert Kiserlovski, and also very solid support group. Most of the stages Astana has looked like the second strongest team behind Liquigas.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
If they manage to sign Nibbles, they have 2 solid GT contenders in Vincenzo and Robert Kiserlovski, and also very solid support group. Most of the stages Astana has looked like the second strongest team behind Liquigas.

How can you say Kiserlovsky is a solid GT contender if he has never before performed GC wise in a GT?

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
10th overall in the giro 2010.

+ you can clearly see that he has improved this year.

There is a big difference between a 10th in the Giro and converting that into the GT perfomances which Astana would expect of their GT contenders.
Of course he can contend in GTs but he isnt really a "solid" GT contender just yet.

SafeBet said:
He was.
But to his credit, he worked the whole Giro as a dom.

Sure, but even still, one 10th place in a GT, with the aid of a big breakaway isn't exactly strong evidence that someone is a real contender for GT wins. He'd be an amazing prospect for a team like Ag2r, but Astana aren't Ag2r. Plus in his last two GTs he finished 18th and 43rd.

In his favour, he's still pretty young.

Sad for Astana that they had been working for Kreuziger so much and then things go badly wrong today. Bit different to the Rujano situation as Androni have wins for Rubiano and Ferrari. Hopefully Tiralongo can finish high up and some of Astana's stronger riders can put in some good breakaway performances.

Kreuziger looked a very good prospect when winning the tour of switzerland back in 2008 at the age of 22. Since then in the tour de france he has finished 12th (2008) and 9th (2009/2010). Then turning his attention to the giro he finished 5th last year so he had the potential to be challenging for the podium, guess it was just one of those days.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Froome19 said:
How can you say Kiserlovsky is a solid GT contender if he has never before performed GC wise in a GT?

Well, OK. I BELIEVE that Kiserlovski will be a solid GT contender (way better than Taaramae at least). Does that sound better to you?

Bit different to the Rujano situation as Androni have wins for Rubiano and Ferrari. Hopefully Tiralongo can finish high up and some of Astana's stronger riders can put in some good breakaway performances.

Well, Astana have a stage win and a man in top-10, so not much worse than Androni, if you ask me

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
he hasn't improved in years. nibali is also overrated. vino need to have a better transfer policy. only some like kiserlovski were good buys

How is Nibali overrated? He is constantly touted as a potential winner of almost every race he enters and he usually contends for most of those races? Surely he does about as well or better than most people expect of him?

Plus people in glass houses...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
whittashau said:
How is Nibali overrated? He is constantly touted as a potential winner of almost every race he enters and he usually contends for most of those races? Surely he does about as well or better than most people expect of him?

Plus people in glass houses...

he won the vuelta 2009, which was pathetic competition and since or before has never come close to winning a gt. and he will never win one again unless the vuelta would be as weak again as in 2009. also there's nothing he excells in except consistancy, but that not alone is enough to win a tour or giro

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
well according to ryo he is overrated as a climber, as a descender, as classics rider and as a time trialist. so pretty much overrated at everything :eek:

not as a classics rider. but everything else yes. he's nowhere near being a top itt rider or top climber. pls show me the results that show otherwise. last years finestre was painful

Ryo Hazuki said:
he won the vuelta 2009, which was pathetic competition and since or before has never come close to winning a gt. and he will never win one again unless the vuelta would be as weak again as in 2009. also there's nothing he excells in except consistancy, but that not alone is enough to win a tour or giro

This - you are slating other riders - is exactly the reason why people start picking on Rujano or Henao or whatever rider you are hyping whenever they fail.

TRENDING THREADS