• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team DSM thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
DSM has posted their Vuelta lineup. As expected, no Van Wilder. Also notable that Leknessund won't make his grand tour debut yet. Hindley is apparently still not fully recovered from his Giro injury, but he is expected to be at the start in Burgos. Guess Bardet will be the GC captain, although the team hasn't spoken out their goals for the race.

• Thymen Arensman
  • Romain Bardet
  • Alberto Dainese
  • Nico Denz
  • Chad Haga
  • Jai Hindley
  • Michael Storer
  • Martijn Tusveld
https://www.team-dsm.com/vuelta-roster-revealed/

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Team DSM bites back: "Our way of working is the future".

"That 'working together' also means that everyone sticks to their role. Just like a mechanic doesn't bother with tactics, riders have to stick to their role. And accept being told that something is better.. "

• Wow
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Team DSM bites back: "Our way of working is the future".

"That 'working together' also means that everyone sticks to their role. Just like a mechanic doesn't bother with tactics, riders have to stick to their role. And accept being told that something is better.. "
If China takes over worlds economy they might actually be right. So far they're based in the Netherlands though. Not in North Korea or something like that.

Last edited:
I've just realised that DSM are 2nd last WT team in both PCS and CQ team rankings for 2021, barely above Qhubeka who had a heavily compromised transfer window due to sponsorship issues.
What's happened to this once one of the most admired teams in the peloton? The team that raced beautifully to secure Matthews green jersey in TdF? The team that enjoyed a lot of success with home grown talent like Dumoulin or Kittel? Even the team that won 3 TdF stages last year?

Will the sponsors push for management reshuffle? It seems whatever ideas for running the team they have now, aren't working.

I've just realised that DSM are 2nd last WT team in both PCS and CQ team rankings for 2021, barely above Qhubeka who had a heavily compromised transfer window due to sponsorship issues.
What's happened to this once one of the most admired teams in the peloton? The team that raced beautifully to secure Matthews green jersey in TdF? The team that enjoyed a lot of success with home grown talent like Dumoulin or Kittel? Even the team that won 3 TdF stages last year?

Will the sponsors push for management reshuffle? It seems whatever ideas for running the team they have now, aren't working.
I think a team that has had the level of success that they have had, on supposedly one of the smaller budgets around IIRC, gets a bit of a pass for having one bad year.

The trouble is, there's no indication that next year is going to be any better, and that's where it will really get difficult.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think a team that has had the level of success that they have had, on supposedly one of the smaller budgets around IIRC, gets a bit of a pass for having one bad year.

The trouble is, there's no indication that next year is going to be any better, and that's where it will really get difficult.
They only want riders that score high on the 'cooperation factor'. Ergo do what we want or get the *** out. Works wonders as you can see.

That feels a bit like hindsight to me even if I think that with optimum preparation Bardet could have had a better placing in the Olympics than in the Vuelta.
With equal hindsight, best case scenario for Bardet in that Olympics RR would have been top 5, more likely top 10. With smaller team sizes, I think it's very unlikely that he and Gaudu would have made the front group, so a wash for Team France. And if he recovers well, a stage win at this Vuelta is still a possibility.

TRENDING THREADS