• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team DSM thread

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They got way too many points in 2020. Israel and LTS are way too far behind. Maybr Israel can do it once they're top riders are fit and if DSM completely loses the plot but I doubt it. Lotto is definitely never catching them.

There was just an article about this:
Girmay Saves Intermarché, Cofidis Rise to Safety & Israel Plummet | Relegation Battle

worldtour-relegation-race-uci-ranking-2020-2022-top22.png

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
He's a big talent who's been surprisingly consistent though and i'm sure most teams would like to have him. It's just not doing much without a few big wins.
I struggle to find any consistency in his results. Last year's Vuelta is Arensman in a nutshell: be almost invisible for 3 straight weeks and then podium the final TT. In Romandie he was pretty good in the MTF to Thyon 2000, then finished 30th in the TT the day after losing almost a minute in 16 km to Fausto Masnada. And there are other examples.

I agree he's a super talent and his 2022 has started on a very promising note, but you never really know what to expect from him. As for other young riders, I believe he'd progress better in other environments.

I struggle to find any consistency in his results. Last year's Vuelta is Arensman in a nutshell: be almost invisible for 3 straight weeks and then podium the final TT. In Romandie he was pretty good in the MTF to Thyon 2000, then finished 30th in the TT the day after losing almost a minute in 16 km to Fausto Masnada. And there are other examples.

I agree he's a super talent and his 2022 has started on a very promising note, but you never really know what to expect from him. As for other young riders, I believe he'd progress better in other environments.
He's a rider with a lot of GC potential who has not yet really focused on going for GC's until TA. In the past two Vueltas for instance he's tried to go for stagewin and was pretty close a couple of times. So that might explain why you never knew what to expect. I think Arensman is about the only youngster who has made progress and they handled well at DSM. Leknessund seems to be getting worse the longer he stays. His TT used to be stellar for his age, he beat Bissegger 2 years ago at the U23 EU TT. He was 8th at the elite WCC TT as well. Since joining DSM he can't climb and he can't TT anymore. Van Wilder (at DSM) did improve in TT but regressed at climbing.

Reactions: Lui98 and SafeBet

Losing almost a minute to masnada in 16km is a good performance. Fausto had a very bad legs that day as well, and TT is not his specialty

He's a rider with a lot of GC potential who has not yet really focused on going for GC's until TA. In the past two Vueltas for instance he's tried to go for stagewin and was pretty close a couple of times. So that might explain why you never knew what to expect. I think Arensman is about the only youngster who has made progress and they handled well at DSM. Leknessund seems to be getting worse the longer he stays. His TT used to be stellar for his age, he beat Bissegger 2 years ago at the U23 EU TT. He was 8th at the elite WCC TT as well. Since joining DSM he can't climb and he can't TT anymore. Van Wilder (at DSM) did improve in TT but regressed at climbing.
Good u23 riders getting worse and worse the longer they stay with them, they are turning into post 2018 Bardiani.

They keep on giving :D

Soren Kragh Andersen will not be allowed to start de Ronde and Roubaix despite wanting to. The team wants him to ride the Ardennes.

He's the only guy in their team who has shown WT level this season lol they're hilarious.

in this case, I actually think it's the correct decision, though. He has been the team's (co-)leader on the cobbles for years now, and never really fulfilled the expectations. He has a better chance in the Ardennes, and it makes sense to focus on it

in this case, I actually think it's the correct decision, though. He has been the team's (co-)leader on the cobbles for years now, and never really fulfilled the expectations. He has a better chance in the Ardennes, and it makes sense to focus on it
I can understand him riding Amstel, but FW and LBL istead of RVV and PR?

SKA has som great skills but I really can't see him being a contender at Mur de Huy or in LBL. The latest years LBL have really been a race for the strongest riders, and it would suprise me if things will be different this year.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
They keep on giving :D

Soren Kragh Andersen will not be allowed to start de Ronde and Roubaix despite wanting to. The team wants him to ride the Ardennes.

He's the only guy in their team who has shown WT level this season lol they're hilarious.

Just to clarify how the decision came about:

Trods pragtpræstation: Kragh dropper Flande... | Feltet.dk

Despite magnificent performance: Kragh drops Flanders

A seventh place in Milano-Sanremo has not made Søren Kragh Andersen change his mind. His seventh season as a WorldTour rider will be his first without the Tour of Flanders on the personal race calendar.

Immediately after Paris-Nice, Søren Kragh Andersen told TV2 that this year he will not be riding Flanders, but instead betting on the Ardennes.

And that decision an excellent Milan-Sanremo has not changed.

The Dane confirms this to Feltet.dk today.

The DSM rider will ride the cobblestone races E3 Saxo Bank Classic, Gent-Wevelgem and Dwars door Vlaanderen before traveling home to Monaco to train ahead of the Amstel Gold Race, Fléche Wallonne and Liége-Bastogne-Liége. Thus, Kragh also drops riding Paris-Roubaix.

Why did you opt out of Around Flanders?
"The team has decided that. I think they would like to try something new. Both the team and myself believe that I can do well in the Ardennes if I get some time to prepare for it in between the Flanders classics and the Ardennes. We are trying something new, ”says Kragh, who also indicates that the decision may be changed.

"Then we have to see how the first three classics go here. But that is the plan so far. "

Now you say the team has decided that. Would you like to ride Flanders?
"No, I'm also happy with the plan. I think it's an exciting plan. For me, it suits me just fine. ”

Why did you want to try something new?
“To get better. If you keep doing the same thing year after year, then you will also get the same thing over and over again. Sometimes you will need to change plan. Try to explore new strategies. It's part of the game. ”

The 27-year-old Kragh has ridden Flanders for the past six seasons, but with a 53rd place as the best result, the Fynbo has never been close to a top result in the Belgian monument.

However, in terms of his terrific form in this month's Paris-Nice and Milan-Sanremo, Kragh is not incomprehensible if his and DSM's decision raises a few eyebrows among some cycling fans.

"I can understand that, but if I ride super strong in the Ardennes, then they probably also understand well," it sounds from the Dane.

So definitely not a case of "This is your schedule, and to hell with how you feel about it!" Notice how it doesn't say anywhere that he'd have liked to do Ronde and Roubaix?
But of course... wouldn't be the first time someone decided to see conflict between SKA and the team, when there were none...

Just to clarify how the decision came about:

Trods pragtpræstation: Kragh dropper Flande... | Feltet.dk

So definitely not a case of "This is your schedule, and to hell with how you feel about it!" Notice how it doesn't say anywhere that he'd have liked to do Ronde and Roubaix?
But of course... wouldn't be the first time someone decided to see conflict between SKA and the team, when there were none...
That's a somewhat old article (not 30 years, granted, but I think age applies differently to articles than people), he would be silly not to wish to change tack after his great performance on the Kemmelberg.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
That's a somewhat old article (not 30 years, granted, but I think age applies differently to articles than people), he would be silly not to wish to change tack after his great performance on the Kemmelberg.

You might think he'd be silly to not wish to change plans. However, that does appear to be the case; that he really doesn't want to change plans. He indicated that the plan might be changed, but... well... it didn't.
Straight up claiming it as a fact that he'd like to ride Ronde and Roubaix - and Billie did - is definitely silly.

I definitely agree with his statement that there's nothing wrong in trying something new.

You might think he'd be silly to not wish to change plans. However, that does appear to be the case; that he really doesn't want to change plans. He indicated that the plan might be changed, but... well... it didn't.
Straight up claiming it as a fact that he'd like to ride Ronde and Roubaix - and Billie did - is definitely silly.

I definitely agree with his statement that there's nothing wrong in trying something new.

Of course he wants to change plans but he knows the idiocy he is up against in the directors of the team. He usually has crap form in the spring, and now he is not allowed to pick which races to show it. The team just sucks.

TRENDING THREADS