• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team DSM thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Of course he wants to change plans but he knows the idiocy he is up against in the directors of the team. He usually has crap form in the spring, and now he is not allowed to pick which races to show it. The team just sucks.

Can you point me to the article where it says he would want to change plans? Coz... I sure haven't found any.
You're just assuming that he didn't get a say in the matter.

Seriously, this is just like last year after P-N with all the "He's in a major conflict with the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stuff, and his reaction - when learning about it - was basically "I'm what?"

Can you point me to the article where it says he would want to change plans? Coz... I sure haven't found any.
You're just assuming that he didn't get a say in the matter.

Seriously, this is just like last year after P-N with all the "He's in a major conflict with the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stuff, and his reaction - when learning about it - was basically "I'm what?"

So you just readily believe that he can say what he wants on this matter without getting some sort of punishment from the team?

I agree that last year's supposed conflict never really seemed to make much sense but just because that happened certainly doesn't mean that this one cannot be real.

So you just readily believe that he can say what he wants on this matter without getting some sort of punishment from the team?

I agree that last year's supposed conflict never really seemed to make much sense but just because that happened certainly doesn't mean that this one cannot be real.
I don't think RhD is able to extract/interpret such subtleties. ~"Why wouldn't he just say so?"

Useless team, get rid of all these *** idiots. Who in their right mind will go out of their way to say to their best rider: Nope, youre not going to Flanders, because youre going to Fleche-Wallone instead - when that rider's skillset is much more suited for Flanders?!

RIDICOLOUS. *** idiotic amateurs. Nothing gets me more mad in cycling than DSM's incompetence, seriously. It pisses me the *** off. Nothing in cycling would make me more happy than to see this team burning to the ground, we don't need these degenerated apes in our sport.

Useless team, get rid of all these *** idiots. Who in their right mind will go out of their way to say to their best rider: Nope, youre not going to Flanders, because youre going to Fleche-Wallone instead - when that rider's skillset is much more suited for Flanders?!

RIDICOLOUS. * idiotic amateurs. Nothing gets me more mad in cycling than DSM's incompetence, seriously. It pisses me the * off. Nothing in cycling would make me more happy than to see this team burning to the ground, we don't need these degenerated apes in our sport.

Had your milk gone bad this morning or what? :tearsofjoy:

But, seriously, what does he see there that nearly every talented Sunweb/DSM rider over the past 4 years doesn't? I don't see Bardet as a guy who rigidly follows the rules, but maybe that's what makes him happy? (That, and not having to ride the TdF every year)
Bardet always strikes me as a dude who's extremely strict and disciplined about everything in cycling, so I guess thats understandable that he likes it there.

I'd just be happy to get rid of this abomination of a team. Hope Søren leaves immediately.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Maybe with someone of Bardet's caliber, DSM knows they can't dare / take liberty of everything?

In the Kittel & Dumoulin years they used to be a strict, but successful team that developed riders.

It's just the past 2 or 3 years they had gone over the top with their strictness.
Yeah, they signed him as an already established star, so the balance of power is probably a bit different.
That said, at AG2R Bardet didn't train a lot on his TT bike because he doesn't like it, so for him it is probably a good thing to have a team that pushes him to do certain things that are outside of his comfort zone.

TRENDING THREADS