• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Lequack said:
0X3VGZL.png

They probably need more climbers not sprinters?
That doesn't make sense. They already have arguably the best sprinter in the World. :confused:

Re: Re:

johnymax said:
Lequack said:
0X3VGZL.png

They probably need more climbers not sprinters?
That doesn't make sense. They already have arguably the best sprinter in the World. :confused:

Exactly...and I really doubt Kittel would have any interest in being Groenewegen's leadout man... or the other way around. What they need is a couple of good mountain and alround domestiques - I mean, they do have a couple who fit the role - Gesink, Bennet, Kruiswijk, De Plus... but the problem is at least two of them want to play at being team leaders, even though it was shown time and time again that they just don't have what it takes to compete with the top guys. Kruiswijk maybe in GTs, but Bennet definitely not. Support the ones that can win, not the ones who go for border top 10 or top 15 finishes.

They've won 4 stages this TdF. How many more can they get? Tomorrow with Groenewegen. ITT (Van Aert, Martin), mountain stage with Bennett (lost a huge chunk of time and still a very good climber) and perhaps another stage with Groenewegen...

Logic-is-your-friend said:
proffate said:
George Bennett getting bottles while peloton disintegrates. Yet another slick move by the jumbo visma DS.
According to Jumbo, it was Bennett's fault. It was not his job to get bottles. It was Martin or Jansen's job, but Bennett probably wanted to show how eager he was to do his part for the team.

Well, that's interesting, but I'd still say they share the blame unless Bennett was expressly ordered not to go for bottles.

At least Kruijswijk is in 4th, in a first week with wind, hilly stages and 1 explosive super steep climb finish. Just behind the Ineos guys. For Kruijswijk averages that's a superb 1st week.

I get the feelin that outside the Netherlands nobody believes in him, definately not here. But if he's anywhere near Giro 2016 form, this is a fantastic 1,5 week. And I think he is in good form, despite the time loss on a stage that doesn't suit him (LPDBF)

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
At least Kruijswijk is in 4th, in a first week with wind, hilly stages and 1 explosive super steep climb finish. Just behind the Ineos guys. For Kruijswijk averages that's a superb 1st week.

I get the feelin that outside the Netherlands nobody believes in him, definately not here. But if he's anywhere near Giro 2016 form, this is a fantastic 1,5 week. And I think he is in good form, despite the time loss on a stage that doesn't suit him (LPDBF)

I also believe in him but even if La Planche des Belles Filles does not suit him, I think the time loss was a bit too big. But he'll probably defend himself very well in the TT and possibly overtake Bernal there.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

That is a very positive way to look at it. An, in my eyes, more realistic way to look at this situation is that on the one stage where he had to do it on his own, he lost time. I also do not believe in him, as a potential GC winner that is. However, I am more than happy to be proven wrong.

proffate said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
proffate said:
George Bennett getting bottles while peloton disintegrates. Yet another slick move by the jumbo visma DS.
According to Jumbo, it was Bennett's fault. It was not his job to get bottles. It was Martin or Jansen's job, but Bennett probably wanted to show how eager he was to do his part for the team.

Well, that's interesting, but I'd still say they share the blame unless Bennett was expressly ordered not to go for bottles.

Short version:
Benett called on the radio to get water bottles, at which point the DS figures the team was running out of water, which apparently wasnt true afterwards. Either way, they told Amund Jansen to get bottles and then Benett appeared at the car......

Benett with all his goid intentions messed up. A shame for himself and the team.

tobydawq said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I also believe in him but even if La Planche des Belles Filles does not suit him, I think the time loss was a bit too big. But he'll probably defend himself very well in the TT and possibly overtake Bernal there.

I agree, if he has giro 2016 form he wouldve been among the first.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

I have no idea who believes in him or not. I can only tell you that i've stated many times on this forum, that i don't understand that so many people assume a guy like Fuglsang would be a contender, while looking past Kruijswijk (among others) who has a muuuuuuch better track record in GT GC's than Fuglsang. But apparently, riding a good classics season means more than being a proven GC rider in GT's.

That said, i don't think he will really be a threat for the overall.

I really think Kruijswijk has a once in a lifetime opportunity of getting into the Tour podium. Fuglsang, Pinot, Porte, Uran and Landa are now perhaps too far back, Quintana will lose more time in the individual time trial, Buchmann, Mas and Bernal are making their Tour debut as GC leaders, even Thomas' shape in the high mountains is a question mark.
The profile of the remaining stages are almost perfect for him (apart from the bonus seconds) so maybe this Tour ends up being his greatest career moment.
Either way, even if he fails to reach the podium, this Tour is already a success for Jumbo Visma.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
thats what i keep thinking too, all these high elevation mountains and long drags are perfect for him. It's only not perfect when they ride slowly on the early climbs, like in the LPDBF change, he is toast when others are fresh.

These same climbs are also perfect for Ineos doms, they never get tired.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
not talking about the ineos dudes that are most likely unbeatable. But about the pinots and fuglsangs of this world

This year the triumph is lying on the street and waiting who will pick it up. Even neos guys seem not be unbeatable this year. It reminds me a bit 2006 edition.

Now, Jumbo Visma and Ineos are comparable.
Froome, Bernal and Thomas make Ineos look stronger on Tour GC side, but the rest of Tour lineup's on Jumbo Visma's side, as far as I'm concerned.
Dumoulin and Froome experienced bad luck and will need some time to get back, Thomas might start declining more visibly while Kruijswijk achieved career-best, and Roglic and Bernal haven't fully developed yet, I'd say.
Overall, I'm looking forward to the battle of these super-teams in the coming seasons. We've expected from Movi to bring the battle to Ineos/Sky, but their climbers lacked the tt ability and unity Jumbo Visma shall, hopefully, attain.

The way Jumbo Visma's heading seems to be the only possible to challenge Ineos.

TRENDING THREADS