• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyway, looking forward, JV will likely try to isolate Bernal in one of the following stages, Roglič will likely need to do some mano a mano type of cycling, up a steep climb. And they will likely have to do good on a TT. That is an ideal scenario for them.

P.S. Other teams for sure have different plans.

I still don't think it was a good move because he would have stayed closer to the GC and be more dangerous there. But it happened and this is what makes cycling exciting because I didn't expect TD to be a dom so it kinda shocked me. No need to throw tantrums now. I understand his fans are unhappy but I don't really think he has the legs to win, the level is just too high. With his current legs TD would have made the podium last year. TJV is kinda unlucky with 3 climbers who crashed since Dauphine not to mention Roglic himself and TD as well. If Benett and Kuss would be in Dauphine form, TD wouldn't have worked at all.
I am really curious now if Ineos would try to pull him down hard if he goes for a long break; if he gets a bit of his legs back that would be great tactics by JV

If your outspoken opinions are insane and stupid and you need to repeat them all the time, you really don't qualify for talking over others on this forum. If you are following cycling for years or were even a pro one day and all you have to show for is insane and stupid tactics outbursts despite numerus info from others and JV why did things happen as they did, you really don't have much to go for.

And you really think Slovenians don't follow cycling for years or what?

You constantly try to position yourself over other with some supreme tactics knowledge and all you do is make a fool out of yourself. Other posters are telling you the same but the thing is people like you don't see that. You know better, right?

I'm really sorry no pro team picked you up for race analize and help. You would just advise to drill it 100% and get that 5 minute advantage in first week and simply defend it in next 2 weeks. Job done.
My opinions are not insane or stupid and plenty of people both on this forum as in the professional world, journalists, analysts, former Jumbo employees share the sentiment, even the current Jumbo DS acknowledged things weren't handled well. So maybe i have a little bit more going for my arguments than you care to admit. But again, you seem to think that kicking and screaming, trying to insult others without providing any actual arguments is the best way forward for you. Keep it up and your stay on the forum will probably be short lived. I'm going to block you now as i have no interest in what you have to say any further. For someone who doesn't like others repeating criticism regarding the topic at hand, you sure do like repeating yourself with no added value in your post.

What was that about?

Rogla's bike...

EiJCFGBXsAM92Y3

They just can't get over it that Roglič is winning. Jumbo Visma team loves it when some guy dismantles a winning bike, taking time away for preparation. I would like to know how many times did they already did this and how many times was the same thing done to other non JV bikes.

Roglič also said he is tested for illegal drugs almost every day, mostly around 6.00 in the morning. And then people say yellow jersey doesn't have legs that day. It's a joke.

They just can't get over it that Roglič is winning. Jumbo Visma team loves it when some guy dismantles a winning bike, taking time away for preparation. I would like to know how many times did they already did this and how many times was the same thing done to other non JV bikes.

Roglič also said he is tested for illegal drugs almost every day, mostly around 6.00 in the morning. And then people say yellow jersey doesn't have legs that day. It's a joke.

Boy. How biased can one person be. Roglic is a likable guy, not riding exitingly, but smart and strong. You are aware that sometimes people start to dislike athletes not because of the athlete, but because of his fans?...

The UCI were probably very eager, maybe over-eager because they want to show off their anti-doping agenda by controlling motor-doping which apparently isn't a thing at all. Okay. Annoying, but it happens to other teams just the same. Do you think Roglic is the first yellow jersey rider to be controlled every day? Do you actually think they just decide to control him more often because they dislike Jumbo-Visma?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Boy. How biased can one person be. Roglic is a likable guy, not riding exitingly, but smart and strong. You are aware that sometimes people start to dislike athletes not because of the athlete, but because of his fans?...

The UCI were probably very eager, maybe over-eager because they want to show off their anti-doping agenda by controlling motor-doping which apparently isn't a thing at all. Okay. Annoying, but it happens to other teams just the same. Do you think Roglic is the first yellow jersey rider to be controlled every day? Do you actually think they just decide to control him more often because they dislike Jumbo-Visma?
Yes i dare to say that Roglič bike was checked more times then any other bike in peloton and if a French rider would be in yellow, his bike would be checked a lot less.

You are assuming things without even having that info. It's a moot point to say that the others have the same when we don't even know exactly what happened. If you claim the others had similar controls to Roglic then please enlighten us. UCI has a bad history with double standards when they apply the rules as they seem fit. Do you actually believe that Zeeman got mad because of a regular check who happens to anyone? You are either naive or you haven't followed UCI enough. They are over-eager only when it suits their interest.

May be a move by the DS to get his boys even more fired up for the coming stages. -- Sort of like in basketball, when a coach deliberately goes ballistic on the refs to get thrown out of the game, and the team rallies. (Like in "Hoosiers.")
They didn't need it, everything was going well for them. If this is true, then it was a dumb move.

Last edited:
Reactions: JosephK and Carols
You are assuming things without even having that info. It's a moot point to say that the others have the same when we don't even know exactly what happened. If you claim the others had similar controls to Roglic than please enlighten us. UCI has a bad history with double standards when they apply the rules as they seem fit. Do you actually believe that Zeeman got mad because of a regular check who happens to anyone? You are either naive or you haven't followed UCI enough. They are over-eager only when it suits their interest.

I don't know anything about that particular incident. But the daily (urine) doping control for the yellow jersey is standard procedure. Alaphilippe had to do it just as well last year, of course. Not that it matters, they never find something there, but no exception just because he's French.
And everyone knows and can see the UCI is over eager regarding the motor-stuff, data (Evenepoel), sock-lengths... to show they are doing something. That is a general thing and has nothing to do with Jumbo-Visma. Maybe the individual UCI-guy went totally over the top here, maybe Zeeman did, no idea. But Gargamel clearly thinks there is a general aganda against the rider and the team he supports.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Do you really think they dismantled Ala's bike multiple times and woke him up at 6AM almost every morning for doping controls last year? If you have proof I'm waiting. Every yellow jersey gets tested after each stage, that is standard.

I don't know anything about that particular incident. But the daily (urine) doping control for the yellow jersey is standard procedure. Alaphilippe had to do it just as well last year, of course. Not that it matters, they never find something there, but no exception just because he's French.
And everyone knows and can see the UCI is over eager regarding the motor-stuff, data (Evenepoel), sock-lengths... to show they are doing something. That is a general thing and has nothing to do with Jumbo-Visma. Maybe the individual UCI-guy went totally over the top here, maybe Zeeman did, no idea. But Gargamel clearly thinks there is a general aganda against the rider and the team he supports.

Yeah they do it after each stage not at 6AM also.

You're right, they probably do this to harass Jumbo-Visma so that Pinot will win. In fact, they will bully everyone in this race except the Frenchmen and make them sleepless until they pull out of the race and only the Frenchmen will be left. This will be the podium: 1. Martin, 2. Barguil, 3. Rolland.

Seriously, if anything, this could be about Velon/UCI. Not about French/not French or Jumbo-Visma especially, or Roglic.

• Love
Reactions: Krokro

TRENDING THREADS