• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They look mouth-wateringly good next year. 3 top GC guys who can climb and TT, plenty of climbing doms, one of the best sprinters in the world and a couple top strongmen on the rise who can also sprint. And they could still get Kittel...

I hope they don't get Kittel.
Considering they are focusing more on GT's next season's and even Groenewegen might miss the Tour selection I don't think they need him.

GVFTA

BANNED
They look mouth-wateringly good next year. 3 top GC guys who can climb and TT, plenty of climbing doms, one of the best sprinters in the world and a couple top strongmen on the rise who can also sprint. And they could still get Kittel...

Definitely enough climbing doms to field contending teams for all 3 GTs.

I hope they don't get Kittel.
Considering they are focusing more on GT's next season's and even Groenewegen might miss the Tour selection I don't think they need him.
I would say that if Kittel signs for anyone now, it would be Sunweb. They’ve just lost their top gc rider, and signed Benoot, a classics rider, to go along with Matthews, a classics rider/stage hunter. Kittel would be the obvious rider to contest those flat stage sprints where the day just isn’t hard enough for Matthews to win.

Or as suggested earlier, Groenewegen could go to Sunweb in a swap deal. Also, Quickstep haven’t confirmed Sam Bennett yet. Dylan behind the Quickstep leadout train could be unstoppable.

But they started the work after valverde's puncture
That doesn't change the fact they didn't do it "just to protect Mollema's top10" because after that stage Mollema was 2nd in GC, after outclimbing Contador, Quintana and Purito on Ax3 Domaines and finishing 2nd best of GC riders after Froome on ITT. He was fighting for podium at that point. They worked to attack 2nd overall, not to defend 7th or something.

Well for at the bad luck at the start of the Vuelta, they seemed to have made it. :)

EEfFZVQWwAE8Sua.jpg:large

EEfFa9HXkAA9j-4.jpg:large

EEcKjidXYAA5cYn.jpg:large

Even with all the bad luck they had with crash in the opening TT, mechanical for Roglic in one of the mountain stages and another crash and a tactical error in the echelon stage, they still won with Roglic.

On top of a season with podiums in the Giro (Roglic again) and Kruijswijk (TDF), a plethora of stage victories in many other races with groenewegen, teunissen, van aert etc, and roglic winning nearly every 1 week race he started... what a season.. never expected Plugge and all to pull it off
To be continued next season with Dumoulin as addition. Scary

Reactions: KZD
I am increasingly baffled about what they plan to do with Groenewegen. It seems increasingly like a Cav at Sky situation. Big star, from the right country, suddenly doesn’t seem like a good fit with team’s strategic priorities. Teams that are deadly serious about winning GTs are not well placed to maximize the results of a sprinter, even more so a sprinter who is quite train reliant. It’s not as if Groenewegen is a McEwen type sprinter, happy to surf wheels by himself.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS