• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well, actually he said that they could bring the three of them (TD, PR and SK), but then one of them will be no leader and only in a supporting role. Seems unlikely still. Zeeman I think got a very good view on the team development and making the riders' program.

So Groenewegen extends through 2023.

I'm really curious to see how they are going to manage GT selections and priorities to keep all of their big stars happy.
Groenewegen won't be happy. He's still yapping about the Tour, that he wants to race it, but everything points to him being sent to the 2020 Giro and Vuelta instead. Not a particularly smart move on his part to extend for four years.

Reactions: KZD
Groenewegen won't be happy. He's still yapping about the Tour, that he wants to race it, but everything points to him being sent to the 2020 Giro and Vuelta instead. Not a particularly smart move on his part to extend for four years.
I am not quite sure Jumbo have really said anything that strongly points to Groenewegen not riding the Tour next year. It's mostly the routes, and in that case I really agree with the decision.

I think pretty much all the big lead sprinters will do both the Giro and Tour next year.

I am not quite sure Jumbo have really said anything that strongly points to Groenewegen not riding the Tour next year. It's mostly the routes, and in that case I really agree with the decision.
He doesn't seem content with just Teunissen + Van Aert, from his latest interview. Looks like he wants more dedicated doms than just Teunissen. Yet he wants to race the Tour. The fact that he has gone public makes me think that he knows what time it is. The rest is indeed mostly about team statements about the routes.

The typical flat Giro sprint isn't well suited to Groenewegen I don't think, with usual the amount of cornering. Wouldn't know about next year. You could be right, but I think the Tour has about the same number of flat sprints, or maybe even more if the Giro has more reduced ones. None of the TDF mountain stages are insanely hard, either.

He doesn't seem content with just Teunissen + Van Aert, from his latest interview. Looks like he wants more dedicated doms than just Teunissen. Yet he wants to race the Tour. The fact that he has gone public makes me think that he knows what time it is. The rest is indeed mostly about team statements about the routes.

The typical flat Giro sprint isn't well suited to Groenewegen I don't think, with usual the amount of cornering. Wouldn't know about next year. You could be right, but I think the Tour has about the same number of flat sprints, or maybe even more if the Giro has more reduced ones. None of the TDF mountain stages are insanely hard, either.

Is he smoking crack? They want to win the Tour. He will be very lucky to ride it at all, they certainly aren’t going to give him a load of dedicated sprint helpers.

Is he smoking crack? They want to win the Tour. He will be very lucky to ride it at all, they certainly aren’t going to give him a load of dedicated sprint helpers.
Looks like I may have misinterpreted that part. He probably just meant Teunissen (+ Van Aert, who is certain anyway).

I think Dumoulin's heart will lean to the Giro/Olympics set up based on his interviews before the routes came out and the subsequent route announcement.

I also believe based from what I understand about the sponsors is that they reeeaaaally wanna win the Tour.

Groenewegen is honestly the bigger headpain if the sponsor really wants him there too, but I don't know how the inner workings of the team are.

I don't think the riders will show anything like Movistar tactics. Kruijswijk and Roglic have worked together just fine in the past, and I don't think Dumoulin would break up good team dynamics.

I think Dumoulin's heart will lean to the Giro/Olympics set up based on his interviews before the routes came out and the subsequent route announcement.

I also believe based from what I understand about the sponsors is that they reeeaaaally wanna win the Tour.

Groenewegen is honestly the bigger headpain if the sponsor really wants him there too, but I don't know how the inner workings of the team are.

I don't think the riders will show anything like Movistar tactics. Kruijswijk and Roglic have worked together just fine in the past, and I don't think Dumoulin would break up good team dynamics.
You could be right about Groenewegen. I also think that Bennett will want to be let off the leash sooner rather than later. IMHO he can be right at the pointy end of a Giro or Vuelta and may want to see just how far he can go.

Reactions: Red Rick

TRENDING THREADS