• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
didnt hear about that, what did he say ?

Primoz Roglic is cleaning up the Tour of Italy on his own for the time being. The 29-year-old Slovenian has already won two time trials and has already built up a substantial bonus in the general classification. Roglic's omnipotence raises questions with Stef Clement, until last year's teammate of Roglic. "In five years' time he has transformed from a ski jumper into a grand winner."

Stef Clement (36) ended his professional career at the end of last season. The Dutchman cycled in the last two years of his career at Lotto-Jumbo together with Primoz Roglic, who is currently controlling the Giro.

"He has won every stage race Roglic has ridden this year. These are not normal steps, but giant steps", says Clement at the NOS in the Sportforum.

"Simon Yates and Vincenzo Nibali have already won big rounds and are driven in minutes. What do these men do wrong? Why can't the rest of them come along? I'm surprised that it's still possible to stand out that far. Because the knowledge seems to be the same in the whole peloton and the marginal gains don't express themselves in minutes."

Clement doesn't seem to trust the evolution of Roglic. "In five years' time he has transformed from a ski jumper into a major winner. If this guy had ridden with a team like UAE-Emirates, Katjoesja or Astana, we would all have had a completely different idea. With a team that is run by a villain like Vinokurov, I always think that something is not right."

"My former teammate Jarlinson Pantano, whom I consider to be a good friend, also goes wet at Trek, a team we don't think of. It's not the case that when you cycle with Richard Plugge's team (foreman Jumbo-Visma, red), everything is fine."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Reactions: topt
I must have missed it, but Jumbo Visma signed a 2 year contract with Tobias Foss (Norway), this years winner of Tour de l'Avenir. Just for reference, the previous two winners were Egan Bernal and Tadej Pogacar. I'm not saying he's going to start beating everyone right away, but it's a good benchmark race for sure.

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Kelderman to win the Tour de Suisse is interesting.

Wilco Kelderman (born 25 March 1991) is a Dutch professional road bicycle racer, who currently rides for UCI WorldTeam Team Sunweb.

• Haha
Reactions: F_Cance
I must have missed it, but Jumbo Visma signed a 2 year contract with Tobias Foss (Norway), this years winner of Tour de l'Avenir. Just for reference, the previous two winners were Egan Bernal and Tadej Pogacar. I'm not saying he's going to start beating everyone right away, but it's a good benchmark race for sure.

Yeah, no pressure there…

No offense, but Foss is from the same generation as Bernal, Lambrecht (RIP), Sivakov etc. The only reason he won L'Avenir, is because all the others from his generation (who kicked his ass all over the place) already were riding in the pro peloton for 2 or 3 years, and he stuck it out to beat boys 3 years younger, in L'Avenir. He's lucky Evenepoel, Pogacar etc (who are 2-3 years younger than him) didn't start and that a lot of the contenders crashed out, because he would have been lucky to finish inside the top 5.

If he ever wins a high-profile one week stagerace, he'll have exceeded my expectations by far. His teammate left a MUCH better impression, i forgot his name. That guy could go ride for Ineos immediately.

EMEHmDAWoAEhQ8n.jpg:large

Kruijswik and Dumoulin going to the Tour along with Roglic. Bennet the sole leader in the Giro.
Also I fear we might get a Movistar three leaders problem in Jumbo Visma. I don't see any of the big three working for each other and that means less helpers overall to secure the win.

Tour de France: Tom Dumoulin, Primoz Roglic, Steven Kruijswijk, Robert Gesink, Laurens De Plus, Sepp Kuss, Wout van Aert, Tony Martin

TRENDING THREADS