• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was wondering that as well. He was very open before the season about wanting to target the WC ITT, it suits him perfectly, as his lone individual goal this year. Maybe they pulled him out since he can't do both the Tour and the ITT? Jumbo can't pull a Küng if they want to win the Tour and maybe he was insisting on racing the worlds.

EdW1_InXoAAYMD1

Sad to hear the news about the accident Gijs Leemreize had and hopefully he will fully recover from the injury.

P.S. It's cycling and one could expect the likelihood of an injury is less. Compared to some other sports. The reality is cycling is a rather dangerous sport and (heavy) injuries do happen often.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Both teams have been great so far with their TdF riders in good form after the resume of the season. Van Aert with the win in Strade Bianche, Bennett with one of his best climbing performances in Burgos, Kuss also doing well on the climbs there.

Ineos on the other hand dominating in France with a Bernal, Sivakov one, two.

Now I'm impatiently waiting to see the Jumbo Visma trio of captains and Thomas in Tour de l'Ain.

Thanks. I don't think he will be stronger than Roglic and Dumoulin (if he reaches his 2017-18 form ), so it is pretty weird imo, especially given that he was a level below the very top ( Bernal, Pinot ) in last years Tour. The Giro field is not looking that strong either, with Carapaz, Nibali, Evenepoel, and maybe Lopez going? He would be one of the favourites in Giro.

Lopez is going to the TdF.
Kruijswijk can really benefit for the 3 leaders thing. He can attack from distance, get a nice advantage and then try to defend till the Paris. Still, given that he's usually the best in the 3rd week and the parcours till then doesn't really suit him I don't think getting an advantage will be possible.

TRENDING THREADS