• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think that it matters much at all if Pogacar takes yellow earlier in the race. It is only tradition which says that his team must work, nothing more. For example, if he takes yellow and a dangerous break gets away, and it looks like a second tier GC rider is going to be in yellow by five minutes, so be it. Remember that Jumbo - if in this scenario Roglic is 30 seconds behind Pogocar - are losing just as much as UAE; the chance to wear yellow into Paris. Also, when Adam "I'm not going for GC" Yates was actually in yellow, what happened for much of the time? Oh yeah, Jumbo did most of the work anyway (or Bora).

Pogacar was understood to be a serious contender. If he’s in yellow early, and he’s isolated on every stage he has an enormous target on his back and he will face an endless succession of riders trying to get up the road. He can’t mark them all and he can’t rely on Jumbo to do it in the same way they did for Roglic. In fact Dumoulin would be the likeliest candidate to go on every stage.

Reactions: richwallone
Pogacar was understood to be a serious contender. If he’s in yellow early, and he’s isolated on every stage he has an enormous target on his back and he will face an endless succession of riders trying to get up the road. He can’t mark them all and he can’t rely on Jumbo to do it in the same way they did for Roglic. In fact Dumoulin would be the likeliest candidate to go on every stage.

But Dumoulin was already quite a way down after the pyrenees, and do you think every team is going to be happy with him going five minutes up the road? We have seen in other years that riders start riding to defend their 4th, 5th, 6th position etc.

But Dumoulin was already quite a way down after the pyrenees, and do you think every team is going to be happy with him going five minutes up the road? We have seen in other years that riders start riding to defend their 4th, 5th, 6th position etc.
we have also many times in many races seen contenders sit on an isolated leader as attacks go up the road, forcing him to chase.

Guys... guys... you... * ulp * might want to sit down for this one! I have some horrible news to report! Martin and Dumoulin has been fined for the...
* deep breath * terrible crime of... wrong placement of rainbow bands! :fearscream:

Martin and Dumoulin fines salt in the wound for Jumbo-Visma

After Primož Roglič's expected Tour de France coronation was ruined by an unbelievable ride from rival Tadej Pogačar to take yellow just one day from Paris, there was only more bad news for Jumbo-Visma on La Planche des Belles Filles.

In addition to that devastating blow, the team copped two 2,000CHF (£1,699) fines after Tom Dumoulin and Tony Martin were found to be in violation of UCI regulation 1.3.064.

That rule states that former world champions may wear rainbow bands on the collars and cuffs of their jerseys, but the ex-world TT champions' long-sleeved skinsuits instead featured the bands midway up their sleeves.

The pair of fines will hardly register in the wake of Roglič's barely believable loss, but still, the reprimands are salt in the wound on what was a disastrous day for the Dutch squad.

• Haha
Reactions: Forever The Best
Pogacar also put way more time into Roglic uphill than vice versa
Yeah but most of it was when Roglic said something to the effect...parphrasing. He is Solvenian and my friend why should I chase him. Let someone else do it.
That was the day Tadej made up big time that he lost in the crosswinds.
I think Primoz wanted him on the podium, just never thought Tadej would beat him!

Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
TJV switching to Cervelo bikes next season!! Bianchi has always been my favorite bike. I wonder why they are changing. Money?
Probably/possibly. Dumoulin might still have a relationship with Cervelo from his Sunweb days, and may be a force behind asking the team to switch. This is a pure guess on my part, and Sunweb rode Giant bikes for most of Tom's time at the team.

Mitchellton will be riding Bianchi instead next season, and Sunweb will ride Scott.

Well another job done for them, after the bitter loss in the Tour and the Covid troubles in the Giro, they make it in the Vuelta!

EmUDGnWW8AACUCw

EmUnIg6WEAA5wPL

TRENDING THREADS