• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Although I can't say "totally unexpected" it still comes as a surprise.
Interesting that he names the safety issues - many retiring riders think the risk simply is not worth it anymore, but few phrase it so explicitly as a call to change.

Anyway, he indeed had an outstanding career and can retire in complete peace.:wineglass:
Now, that makes me a bit emotional about these last time trials for him.

Reactions: CyclistAbi and noob
For me two big highlights are that solo breakaway in the Tour where he dropped everyone by 3 minutes, doing an insane solo breakaway before they were popular.

The other one is that one time he was the solo break in a Vuelta flat stae and he literally almost beat the entire peloton if it weren't for Cancellara pulling him back for almost no reason

Reactions: Roku and Sandisfan
New HQ

FBkDP0ZXoAAGwxU

FBkDQGQWQAEkjxi

FBkDQWqWUAE7ITW

Plan B... I don´t even know where to start. It was sooo good!!

First: I have it rented until this night so if there's any questions I can look up the answer in the video before then lol.

I couldn't even pause for a second, because I was so wrapped up in it. Incredibly emotional with all the crashes, and even knowing Tony Martin has now quit it was even more emotional. Rogla tried to keep his spirit up but he was so low. He said he was happy to be there but his face was so very sad. The even told him "if you´re happy you smile", so he did. Also he was naked. Otherwise he has really happy underpants. I've seen this in a Youtube video as well before that he has different happy printed underwear every single day. I keep wondering if he's sponsored or if he actually buys happy underwear himself. I have no idea where he would get all those underwear from. It's like underpants for a kid. Makes me like him even more.

But I wonder; why is it that they show Rogla naked and in underwear so often? It's like his thing. Enough about Rogla.

Jonas must seriously be the most humble in the peleton. He's like everyone's kid, like even if he was the best he himself would still act as if he was lowest in the pecking order. And really shy. The DS:es was so afraid he'd freak out about his place in GC they tried to during the race never tell him he was second in GC. It was kind of hilarious. As if Jonas himself wouldn´t know it lol. He appears almost lost though. I still don't understand how he can already have a kid. From the beginnining, way before Primus had crashed they still warned Jonas as what he had to expect during the tour. He really is treated like he's the most fragile, and he probably is.

Wout talked about Pog being confuesed about their tactics, whether they helped Jonas or not.

The DS meating was interesting. I don't know who is who so I have to watch it again to know, but they were very clear Jonas now was first priority, and that Wout seemed to be second best. They weren't as sure about the others for stage wins.

So when they had the meeting with the guys asking them what they wanted to do Jonas said "I want you guys to have a chance on stage wins". He didn't ask for anything for himself. Wout said he wanted to go for stage wins, but not mountains. One guy joked "Venteux" and Wout was like "I said no mountains!". So honestly it doesn´t seem his Venteux win was planned, nor was Kuss win expected.

Wout was far more supportive and nice than it appears in Belgian media. When ha had his stage win he was all in for Jonas. He had tried to go for yellow in the beginning, but the minute they were in Tigne he just gave that idea up. I don't believe he would mess up Rogla chances of winning next year if he would go for green. I think he would give it up if that what the DS thinks is best for the team.

I learned very little about Kreusvijk, in fact nada. He just wans't good enough.

So the stage win Sepp took where everyone, Pog included, thought no one cared about Jonas; they did, but it was clear the team wanted to satisfy everyone as good as they could. While I talk about pecking order it's not exactly what I mean as while there is a hierarchy it's fluid depending on the legs. It's just Jonas was the debutant and looked after in a special way. The DS did say though that everyone in Jonas situation would have asked for all the guys as domestiques and he was far too humble to do that.

There's not a lot of yelling. The difference from Movistar The least expected day is enormous. Maybe there will be drama going on in the back, probably it is, but it might also be that Grisha and his colleuges doesn´t foster it. They keep much calmer, they don't yell. They manipulate instead and also I believe the team being so incredibly diminished had them stick together better than ever.

I think the most painful to watch wasn't Roglic, but Tony Martin. His teeth were loose he was in a lot of pain, his lips broken as he celebrated the others. You could see he had enough. Like you could sort of see him making his decision right there and then to quit. And he has said afterwards it was the first time he thought it. Really glad he got his last medal before he quit. <3

Watching it a second time (it's raining outside and I am retired and this is my day for watching this lol) Primus was clearly pissed after his horrible crash. Both on the road and in the buss he was just beaten.

Last edited:
Plan B... I don´t even know where to start. It was sooo good!!

First: I have it rented until this night so if there's any questions I can look up the answer in the video before then lol.

I couldn't even pause for a second, because I was so wrapped up in it. Incredibly emotional with all the crashes, and even knowing Tony Martin has now quit it was even more emotional. Rogla tried to keep his spirit up but he was so low. He said he was happy to be there but his face was so very sad. The even told him "if you´re happy you smile", so he did. Also he was naked. Otherwise he has really happy underpants. I've seen this in a Youtube video as well before that he has different happy printed underwear every single day. I keep wondering if he's sponsored or if he actually buys happy underwear himself. I have no idea where he would get all those underwear from. It's like underpants for a kid. Makes me like him even more.

But I wonder; why is it that they show Rogla naked and in underwear so often? It's like his thing. Enough about Rogla.

Jonas must seriously be the most humble in the peleton. He's like everyone's kid, like even if he was the best he himself would still act as if he was lowest in the pecking order. And really shy. The DS:es was so afraid he'd freak out about his place in GC they tried to during the race never tell him he was second in GC. It was kind of hilarious. As if Jonas himself wouldn´t know it lol. He appears almost lost though. I still don't understand how he can already have a kid. From the beginnining, way before Primus had crashed they still warned Jonas as what he had to expect during the tour. He really is treated like he's the most fragile, and he probably is.

Wout talked about Pog being confuesed about their tactics, whether they helped Jonas or not.

The DS meating was interesting. I don't know who is who so I have to watch it again to know, but they were very clear Jonas now was first priority, and that Wout seemed to be second best. They weren't as sure about the others for stage wins.

So when they had the meeting with the guys asking them what they wanted to do Jonas said "I want you guys to have a chance on stage wins". He didn't ask for anything for himself. Wout said he wanted to go for stage wins, but not mountains. One guy joked "Venteux" and Wout was like "I said no mountains!". So honestly it doesn´t seem his Venteux win was planned, nor was Kuss win expected.

Wout was far more supportive and nice than it appears in Belgian media. When ha had his stage win he was all in for Jonas. He had tried to go for yellow in the beginning, but the minute they were in Tigne he just gave that idea up. I don't believe he would mess up Rogla chances of winning next year if he would go for green. I think he would give it up if that what the DS thinks is best for the team.

I learned very little about Kreusvijk, in fact nada. He just wans't good enough.

So the stage win Sepp took where everyone, Pog included, thought no one cared about Jonas; they did, but it was clear the team wanted to satisfy everyone as good as they could. While I talk about pecking order it's not exactly what I mean as while there is a hierarchy it's fluid depending on the legs. It's just Jonas was the debutant and looked after in a special way. The DS did say though that everyone in Jonas situation would have asked for all the guys as domestiques and he was far too humble to do that.

There's not a lot of yelling. The difference from Movistar The least expected day is enormous. Maybe there will be drama going on in the back, probably it is, but it might also be that Grisha and his colleuges doesn´t foster it. They keep much calmer, they don't yell. They manipulate instead and also I believe the team being so incredibly diminished had them stick together better than ever.

I think the most painful to watch wasn't Roglic, but Tony Martin. His teeth were loose he was in a lot of pain, his lips broken as he celebrated the others. You could see he had enough. Like you could sort of see him making his decision right there and then to quit. And he has said afterwards it was the first time he thought it. Really glad he got his last medal before he quit. <3

Watching it a second time (it's raining outside and I am retired and this is my day for watching this lol) Primus was clearly pissed after his horrible crash. Both on the road and in the buss he was just beaten.
I believe that during the training camp before the Tour Roglic was telling Vingegaard he could win the Tour de France and then the DS just went "stfu Primoz"

Oh funniest moment might be when Wout pats Primus on the back, forgetting he's injured
I believe that during the training camp before the Tour Roglic was telling Vingegaard he could win the Tour de France and then the DS just went "stfu Primoz"
yup! :D
Also now watching it the second time it's Arthur Van Dongen that tells Grisha during the stege 7 that Jonas has to be their leader now. Grisha doesn´t say a word, but he tells Jonas to stay with Carapaz.

Last edited:
Oh funniest moment might be when Wout pats Primus on the back, forgetting he's injured

yup! :D
Also now watching it the second time it's Arthur Van Dongen that tells Grisha during the Tinge stage that Jonas has to be their leader now. Grisha doesn´t say a word, but he tells Jonas to stay with Carapaz.
There was a very touching bit by Tour de Tietema who were doing a bit with Roglic' Slovenian fans and met his then GF right when he was about to drop out.

I don't know why I posted this in the Remco thread, but anyhow here it is in the right thread.

Pogi did question Wout goals on stage 16.

Wout in the bus after Politt have won:
Wout: - Pogacar kept getting me back myself. I thought; Can't you let me break away?
DS: - Did you ask Pogi?
Wout: - I spoke to him later. I told Carapaz it was good for my morale that I wasn't allowed to breakaway.
(referring to previous conversation)
Pogi: "Yeah but with you, you know"
DS: - Pogi said this?
Wout: yeah yeah.
Pogi: "we're also confused what your goals are".
Pogacar said this?
Wout: - Yeah.
Wout to Pogi: "I just want the stage win, what did you think?"

I wonder what Pogi did think. And why he would care.

I think Pogacar was just flexing tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rick
Sepp on the massage bench after stage 19. Grisha talking to him about Jonas, even Jonas and his TT, which has literally nada to do with Sepp off course. Sepp had just done a good job for Jonas. He starts to talk about himself:

• I always knew it would get better towards the end. You know, some ups and downs for sure. But it's not always perfect you know.
  • You won for you at least the most beautiful stage of the race. What can you ask for more?
_ Yeah exactly... yeah.

I wonder if Sepp might feel a bit neglected or unseen. Either that or he wants more for himself. Or both. Or neither. It just felt like a bit awkward conversation.

Also I have now noticed that the only reason I don´t notice the underwear of the rest of they guys is because they have boring underwear. Lol

Reactions: Sandisfan
Also it was funny that when I had watched the documentary three times a lot of first, second and even third impressions were changed :joycat: Seems like Sepp didn't start talking about himself, but really did talk about the race as a whole. Or it could be seen that way at least.

Also i saw Wouts obsession with Mathieu lol. Too cute :joycat:And Rogla didn't seem pissed either. Which is even more weird in a way.

TRENDING THREADS