• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 56 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Tom Dumoulin will probably ride the Giro next year !
The *** I've just read?! :eek:
This article is madness from the first to the last word, the paragraph on Caruso could literally hurt the mental sanity of the reader.

• Haha
Tour squad:

Roglic
Vingegaard
Van Aert
Dennis
Kruijswijk
Kuss

No surprises. Last 2 spots to be decided.

Roglic basically demoted in the team hierarchy. Vingegaard will be an equal leader at the Tour, according to the team. They "have a lot of faith in him. "

Could be all talk, but I don't think so. Will be interesting to see how they'll manage the egos

Van Aert to only get a free role.

It could work for Roglic and Vingegaard, as Dennis counts for 4 doms. If Dennis crashes out, though....

Foss to race the Giro.

• Wow
These six riders are basically the ones that we were expecting but it will be interesting to see who is going to complete it. My choice would probably be Benoot and one of Teunissen/Laporte although Van Aert will probably want the latter two to form a mini-sprint train and Dumoulin and Gesink have nationality and experience on their side. Nonetheless, I am sure their team will probably be the strongest overall.

Probably should have taken opinions on this before the CQ game closed, but what is the sprinting hierarchy at JV now?

It shouldn't be a question for the team that has the most recent Champs Elysees winner, but he is a superman that can sprint rather than a sprinter.

So Kooij then Mick van Dijke, with Laporte kept back for hillier routes? Or is Dekker ahead of MvD. Tim the twin and Teunissen as leadout only?

Or what?

• Wow
Tour squad:

Roglic
Vingegaard
Van Aert
Dennis
Kruijswijk
Kuss

No surprises. Last 2 spots to be decided.

Roglic basically demoted in the team hierarchy. Vingegaard will be an equal leader at the Tour, according to the team. They "have a lot of faith in him. "

Could be all talk, but I don't think so. Will be interesting to see how they'll manage the egos

Van Aert to only get a free role.

It could work for Roglic and Vingegaard, as Dennis counts for 4 doms. If Dennis crashes out, though....

Foss to race the Giro.

Vingegaard and Roglič ego? Maybe if the contest was in humility :smirkcat: I'd worry more about the ego in everyone else before those two :smilecat:

Vingegaard and Roglič ego? Maybe if the contest was in humility :smirkcat: I'd worry more about the ego in everyone else before those two :smilecat:
Roglic is (obviously) likeable, but has a huge ego. Ask Gino Mäder.

If Vingegaard proves to be better it will be a problem. Will Roglic bury himself for Vingegaard the way Kwiatkowski would for Bernal? I'm not so sure. He could DNF and focus on the Vuelta instead. He's a leader, not a dom.

Vingegaard on the other hand hasn't shown any leadership traits. No argument there. If Roglic proves to be the best I have no doubt that Jonas will fall in line and support the team 100%

A bit curious about how they talk about Jonas tricking Pog tbh (since if they say it out loud how would Pog not know it :flushed:) and why isn't Jonas interviewed? They do sound serious about him. Also interesting that they are discussing Sepp as a future GC rider. Also you gotta enjoy Wout resting *** face.

Dennis doesn't appear to be even remotely close to his negative rumour, but a bit weird that he talks bad about Ineos in that way.

Rogla seems almost shy? Is he still not comfortable with talking English? <3

Not that I understood half of it so I skipped all the Dutch parts :smilecat:

TRENDING THREADS