• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 57 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, so hard that they initially didn't even select a rider who 'could win the Tour' for their Tour team.

To be fair, Roglic's prediction came at a camp in June. I'm pretty sure Vingegaard had been selected at that point.
I also think I've read various stuff stating that it's always been the long-term plan that Vingegaard should become Tour captain, it's just that "long-term" ended up being sooner than expected.

Reactions: noob and Red Rick
I feel that their Tour selection is sound. Personally i don't see such issue with van Aert going for green. As for two spots remaining. I would take additional climber in great shape or some member that is invaluable for good team dynamics and still does a rather good job at climbing. Too bad Martin retired as i would take him too. There should be someone to take some pressure off of Dennis. And the Tour won't disappoint. That is not all GT favorites will finish the race and if by any chance that would somehow happen there is no chance some team members won't take a hit. A role Dennis will have hence needs a backup. As for Vingegaard i would say he has a realistic chance to win the Tour. He will hence likely prove to be invaluable for the team.

P.S. Nice to see Dumoulin at the crime scene again. Should be well supported at Giro. If he performs good, no special reason i would believe otherwise. Then maybe some TTT at Vuelta will be at play.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just checked the startlists of the upcoming races, it seems that the team in general will start pretty late in the season.

Until Algarve Jumbo will only participate in ONE (Valencia) out of the eleven races with world tour teams (Mallorca, Marseillaise, Saudi tour, Besseges, Valencia, Tour of Antalya, Tour de la Provence, Tour of Oman, Murcia, Almeria, Clasica Jaen Paraiso Interior).

Wonder what´s the reason behind this, perhaps because of the Omikron wave they think it´s better not to race that early..

• Wow
It has been the same approach in recent years, this year at least they have Valencia +Algarve and the two french classics at the end of February. I believe its a mix between doesnt caring at all for wins outside WT level and the mentallity of preparing the big races always having faith in a100% high altitude training. Wich obvously pays off for the two super leaders Primoz and Wout but in my opinion but not quite for the more diesel engine type of riders and also for the classics domestiques that last year were underperforming a bit because of the lack of race rythym i think, but of course they know better what are doing and this year they hae a stronger team for classics and for all races in general.

• Wow
This year, 2022, Jumbo-Visma finally did it correctly.

All their big stars start their season today. They haven‘t raced all January and February. Wout, Roglic, Benoot, Kuss, and few others only start their first race of the season today.

That makes sure they stay fresh for longer. For Primoz, all that matters is July. For Wout, all that matters is San Remo until Roubaix.

We had to be patient. From today on, the Jumbo stars will reward us (as their fans) with beautiful racing and nice victories.

Although they certainly are not yet at 100% of shape, I think Wout today can win Omloop, and Primoz can win this small hilly race in France today.

So for today‘s Saturday, I hope for victories like these:
Roglic (small French race); Wout (Omloop); Pogi (Hafeet); 70-years-old pensioner Valverde (Camino); and Rolland (Rwanda).

:)

Reactions: stonerider
In honour of the Van Dijke twins' birthday; can you tell them apart?

I somehow managed to only get one wrong...

Well aren't you the official Van Dijke expert of this forum?

You should have thought of that before you started posting about their place(s) of birth and their looks! :p

That's not a Van Dijke Expert thing! That's a Basic Knowledge about Twins thing. Twins:

1: Often look alike, especially when identical.
2: Tend to be born the same place.

I just don't think it's fair that I should be the Van Dijke Expert, while you get to be the Knowing Who Jonas Vingegaard Is Not Expert.

• Haha
That's not a Van Dijke Expert thing! That's a Basic Knowledge about Twins thing. Twins:

1: Often look alike, especially when identical.
2: Tend to be born the same place.

I just don't think it's fair that I should be the Van Dijke Expert, while you get to be the Knowing Who Jonas Vingegaard Is Not Expert.

I actually only see myself as being the forum's official expert on Nans Peters, but sadly I've managed to curse his career since I made his thread, whereas it's been the complete opposite for Vingegaard. I'll gladly let you be the no. 2 expert on JV.

I actually only see myself as being the forum's official expert on Nans Peters, but sadly I've managed to curse his career since I made his thread, whereas it's been the complete opposite for Vingegaard. I'll gladly let you be the no. 2 expert on JV.

So, it's better to not be Chris Harper, than it is to not be (the new) Lance (but having won stages in both the Giro and the Tour de France)?

Of course, that would never happen. It's just fun to think about possibility of a WVA and VDP in the same team and the sheer amount of clickbait opportunities... before you realize it's the Swedish winter version

TRENDING THREADS