• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So, what exactly was Kruijswijk's role here?

v3VjwUaBySwzSaXGCjrz6F-1280-80.jpg.webp

Roglic: 1st.
Vingegaard: 2nd.
Van Aert: Green.
Kruijswijk: Flower holder? (I'm guessing it's because they also won the team GC, but... then why were Benoot and Harper not there?)

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
So Primoz at TdF will have four potent bulls around him: van Hooydonck, Wout, Laporte and Benoot.

This could be very useful in the first week. No one will dare to get too close to Primoz, and act like Colbrelli in 2021. Otherwise, Jumbo‘s four >1.90 meter bulls will take care of the malefactor… ;)

Nah. Goats will be left behind when the bulls stomp. He will be left on his own. Goat that he is.

So Primoz at TdF will have four potent bulls around him: van Hooydonck, Wout, Laporte and Benoot.

This could be very useful in the first week. No one will dare to get too close to Primoz, and act like Colbrelli in 2021. Otherwise, Jumbo‘s four >1.90 meter bulls will take care of the malefactor… ;)
Nah, not an single one of them would last 1 round vs a serious Bouhanni;)

Rohan Dennis for a long time looked like their man number three for the Tour (behind Primoz and Wout): riding for Primoz in the mountains and chasing breakaways for Wout on the flats. He is such a complete rider.

But clear, if he‘s not in the shape/health he needs to be, he‘ll be first to agree to better not go to France.

Nice line-up for Jumbo: Roglic-Vingegaard-Kuss-Kruiswijk and Wout-Laporte-Benoot-Nathan as the two parts.

The good thing is, Primoz and Wout seem to be good friends, actually. I think Primoz will never forget what Wout did for him in the finale of the last day of Paris-Nice 2022. These final kilometers have strengthened their friendship, I‘m sure.

May van Hooydonck bring Primoz luck: he was in the team in last year‘s Vuelta… :)

As I've already mentioned somewhere, JV's aim at two jerseys may turn out less demanding than it seems.
The main obstacle toward both goals are rivals more than route composition. Parcourse looks compatible with the tasks.

High-value sprint finishes are fairly technical this year and Laporte may come handier than Teunissen in that regard.
Van Hooydonck isn't exactly Martin, but neither is the need to be.
Benoot should be able to deliver at least as much as Gesink should've lately had uphill and even more rolling.

Kuss and Kruijswijk, though, will need to be at the top of their game throughout the mountains in the absence of another rider able to drill climbs in the Benoot zone. That's where in-form Dennis would fit in.
Yet, there'll be Van Aert to take over some turns making the train long enough.

Balanced lineup.
Possibly the strongest in years.

He must be the friendliest most accommodating triple GT winner in pro-cycling. Others would have gone nuclear in the media long ago.

Sometimes the person is greater than the champion. I think that is the case with Rog. As it was with Lemond. Not so much with Merckx or Hinault for example.

then again the same could be said for Charles Barkley as opposed to Michael Jordan.

Jun 22, 2022
Visit site

Kruijswijk: Flower holder? (I'm guessing it's because they also won the team GC, but... then why were Benoot and Harper not there?)
Yes, I am confused too. I don't know why were Benoot and Harper not there. I hope I will get an answer over here soon. I am waiting for the reply and till then I will visit https://write-my-essay.online here because I want to hire an essay writer online through which I can take help to complete my essay assignments.
Yes, I am confused too.

Last edited:

This Dauphiné podium photo was for the Team Classification (which TJV won):

As to why Benoot, Laporte & Harper weren't there, no idea.

Yeah that was my first guess, but then I saw Benoot finished at the same time as WvA (Laporte was a DNF). Harper meanwhile finished only 2 minutes after the Benoot-Van Aert duo so they wouldn't have needed to wait long for him to get on the podium either.

I think it's one of those cycling mysteries... which will never be solved.
Maybe you guys should just tweet on of them and ask :D

• Love

TRENDING THREADS