• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
20201013.jpg

Likely Kruijswijk has put too much fatigue in them and they just needed some rest.

Now I had a closer look at next week‘s stages… Tuesday and Wednesday (Arenberg) should suit Jumbo.

This will be Roglic-Vingegaard-Benoot-Laporte-WVA-van Hooydonck vs Pogacar. I hope Jumbo takes some advantage from this.

Thursday and Friday will suit Pogi. On Friday, however, Jonas could be Primoz‘ lead out man, so Primoz could be able to beat Pogi on PDBF.

Reactions: acm and Sandisfan
Today‘s the day! I think today, at breakfast and in the bus, all riders and staff stand tall and with broad shoulders: „Today we will tear apart Team UAE!“… ;)

If he wasn‘t the likeable guy he is, I would hope that Pogi today would stand at the side of the road somewhere in Northern France, crying like MAL in last year’s Vuelta.

Today I hope for a JV 1-2-3, Roglic in front of Vingegaard and van Aert.

• Haha
Reactions: Scarponi
Today‘s the day! I think today, at breakfast and in the bus, all riders and staff stand tall and with broad shoulders: „Today we will tear apart Team UAE!“… ;)

If he wasn‘t the likeable guy he is, I would hope that Pogi today would stand at the side of the road somewhere in Northern France, crying like MAL in last year’s Vuelta.

Today I hope for a JV 1-2-3, Roglic in front of Vingegaard and van Aert.

That didn´t age well...

Vingegård was bailed out by Van Aert and by Laporte to a lesser degree but I still think it was a bad day overall for them as Roglič lost almost any chance of winning the Tour, though the podium is still a possibility. In hindsight they should have waited for Roglič when he was just behind them

The thing is i could be OK with them going for yellow and green. Spending energy on partial goals. Giving opportunities to all. All that in the end is acceptable if done right. What i find hard to accept is them knowing against who they are up to. Knowing their strengths and weaknesses in much detail. Sending Roglič to races such as Denain. Him going in an attack and breakaway on such races. On stage 4 displaying team strength to the finest. And then on one of the most crucial stages of this Tour edition. After Pogačar dropping his teammates and isolating himself. To more or less put Laporte in front. To not enforce their dominance as a team. To not keep their GC captains in front. Resulting in a crash. To role around van Aert on the asphalt in the back. To after wasting much more energy to chase Pogačar and still lose time. To make up around 50s and still to lose 10s. And with Roglič to lose 2 minutes. While cyclist like van der Poel out of the picture ...

You never planned to be aggressive on this stage and Pogi needed to show you how it should be done.

This doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It was horrendous luck. How is passive tactics to blame for anything that happened?

This wasn't luck. They blew it and yes i am disappoint. But in the end it's just. For this stage it was known up front. For a year now. Attack or be attacked. No other option available. Instead of doing that they rather role van Aert at the back of the peloton on the asphalt.

Vingegård was bailed out by Van Aert and by Laporte to a lesser degree but I still think it was a bad day overall for them as Roglič lost almost any chance of winning the Tour, though the podium is still a possibility. In hindsight they should have waited for Roglič when he was just behind them

I'm not sure if it matters.

Roglic crashed pretty hard so his form probably took a hit as well.

TRENDING THREADS