• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 72 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Schachmann was really angry with Jumbo at the german ARD podcast ("Tourfunk"):
"Jumbo really has to calm down now. Roglic caused again this crash because they are riding like stupid people, fighting for every cm and they can't handle it and they crash at the roadside. Thats a clear critisime from my side because they are putting all of us in danger and its totally unnecessary. If there is no place there is no place and then you have to accept that you can't be at the front. You can't crash everyone because of that. He (Roglic) was really lucky not to crash himself"
It probably the crash before the Vlasov crash. I haven't seem Schachmann that angry yet.

"Jumbo really has to calm down now. Roglic caused again this crash because they are riding like stupid people, fighting for every cm and they can't handle it and they crash at the roadside. Thats a clear critisime from my side because they are putting all of us in danger and its totally unnecessary. If there is no place there is no place and then you have to accept that you can't be at the front. You can't crash everyone because of that. He (Roglic) was really lucky not to crash himself"
It probably the crash before the Vlasov crash. I haven't seem Schachmann that angry yet.

here is the quote:

View: https://twitter.com/sportschau/status/1545076731287142404?s=21&t=Go89pSae_5Sy0s0OrX4EyQ

Seems misdirected. It's Vingegaard who hits the rear-wheel of Benoot after a corner and makes the Bora riders crash. Rogla had nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Ah, it seems it was about the incident with 13 km to go instead. Where Kuss gets off the road, and it very well could have been Rogla who just about manages to stay upright.

Last edited:
It's racing on the biggest race in the world. If Lady Schachmann can't take it, he's free to go home.
So when Roglic crashed last year, Cobrelli gets sh*t on for a year without any video proof he did something wrong. But when there is video proof that Roglic rides like a kamikaze in the peloton, crashing people left and right, the guy who comments on it is a lady? Very classy.

Seems misdirected. It's Vingegaard who hits the rear-wheel of Benoot after a corner and makes the Bora riders crash. Rogla had nothing to do with it.
You are talking about the crash with Vlasov. Schachmann is talking about the crash where van Rensburg landed in the field. There it is Roglic catapulting from the left to right and Schachmann was riding a bit behind him and nearly avoids crashing himself.

So when Roglic crashed last year, Cobrelli gets sh*t on for a year without any video proof he did something wrong. But when there is video proof that Roglic rides like a kamikaze in the peloton, crashing people left and right, the guy who comments on it is a lady? Very classy.

Everyone is average at something :)

And btw, very stupid from SVA and Jumbo this stunt today...

Last edited:
Reactions: inri2000
Did you hear Roglič talking *** about Colbrelli? No you didn't.
Now it's some Schachmann crying he can't ride his bike when a guy with a dislocated shoulder stomps his girly ass.

Reactions: acm
Did you hear Roglič talking *** about Colbrelli? No you didn't.
Now it's some Schachmann crying he can't ride his bike when a guy with a dislocated shoulder stomps his girly ass.
Schachmann can actually ride his bike. It wasn't against him Roglic flew. He stayed upright when people in front of him crashed. I know other riders you name in your post who wouldn't have stayed on their bike.

That's not the point Schachmann is making. Some crashes are unavoidable. This specific crash is the result of reckless behaviour and could easily been avoided.

I see. Now you are for preventing crashes in the peloton. As in the crashes thread you usually make fun of people trying to do something about it.

In that case OK. I agree with you. As if your heart is in the right place. Rogla be more careful and listen to what Schachmann is saying. Don't be so impatient to stomp.

My bad. Sorry Schachmann and thanks for pointing out something that can be improved in the future. As safety should be No.1 concern.

First safety then stomp.

There is no way a rider on WVA's wages would engage in dodgy betting practices, but throwing away yellow and a much higher chance of a stage win in the bunch today is something so headscratchingly bizarre that you wouldn't be amazed if suspicious betting patterns were uncovered.

Personally I'm happy to see teams with big budgets lose the plot, so keep it up!

Seems very chaotic at Jumbo.

They came in amped up and on fire, but crashing down really hard in the past couple of stages.

Yes, bad luck and bad tactics but there is some truth in that they are fighting or wanting too much. They bringing it on themselves. Team seems shattered and the Van Aert show over for now. To be continued.

There is no way a rider on WVA's wages would engage in dodgy betting practices, but throwing away yellow and a much higher chance of a stage win in the bunch today is something so headscratchingly bizarre that you wouldn't be amazed if suspicious betting patterns were uncovered.

Personally I'm happy to see teams with big budgets lose the plot, so keep it up!

Nah, SVA thought that the only chance to win today was from the break as otherwise his team would have to control a probably large break by themselves (which is difficult after chasing whole previous stage), but to continue with a 3-man break and waste so much energy to get Pogi a stage win, as he's beating everyone else on a finish like this, is utterly stupid... He should have just conceded that possible stage win and let the break take the honors, and save energy for a different battle...

TRENDING THREADS