• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I could imagine Jumbo noticed that Tadej seems weaker than in the last years. So Jumbo is even more motivated.

Tomorrow is first mountain top finish. Primoz and Jonas will go for a 1-2 there - just like in Dauphine‘s final stage.

I expect a win by Primoz, second place for Jonas, and Tadej in third. Yellow will probably stay on Tadej‘s shoulders, after tomorrow.

I expect a stage result with lots of Jumbo and Ineos riders in the Top-20.

Laengen, Bjerg and Hirschi are in ranks 168-170 in current GC (out of 172). They clearly seem to be relatively far from too shape. It‘s a team sport, Jumbo and Ineos seem to be clearly better.

Primoz has the shape. If his shoulder makes no problems, he will try and be able to take back the two minutes he lost in Arenberg.

I could imagine Jumbo noticed that Tadej seems weaker than in the last years. So Jumbo is even more motivated.

Tomorrow is first mountain top finish. Primoz and Jonas will go for a 1-2 there - just like in Dauphine‘s final stage.

I expect a win by Primoz, second place for Jonas, and Tadej in third. Yellow will probably stay on Tadej‘s shoulders, after tomorrow.

Laengen, Bjerg and Hirschi are in ranks 168-170 in current GC (out of 172). They clearly seem to be relatively far from too shape. It‘s a team sport, Jumbo and Ineos seem to be clearly better.

Primoz has the shape. If his shoulder makes no problems, he will try and be able to take back the two minutes he lost in Arenberg.
Primož is hurt. Not just a shoulder, hip also. Tommorow he won't be able to follow. I expect Jonas being close to Pogačar but loosing towards the end for another Pogačar win.

Pogačar has been looking really strong thus far and honestly I don‘t see both Vingegaard and Roglič beating Tadej here. I think they need to see whether they can hang onto him tomorrow and make a plan for the Alps based on that. To me, Pogačar looks better than ever before but obviously we can‘t say for sure.

Reactions: Cookster15
Primož is hurt. Not just a shoulder, hip also. Tommorow he won't be able to follow. I expect Jonas being close to Pogačar but loosing towards the end for another Pogačar win.

I think and hope that a doctor checked his shoulder and hip (X-rays etc.). Probably all is good.

Jumbo team doctors and official race doctors now probably will give him strong pain killers, mild antidepressants, and tablets and/or injections that make him euphoric. Modern pharma is made for such cases, and offers the rider the chance to go on competing.

I think and hope that a doctor checked his shoulder and hip (X-rays etc.). Probably all is good.

Jumbo team doctors and official race doctors now probably will give him strong pain killers, mild antidepressants, and tablets and/or injections that make him euphoric. Modern pharma is made for such cases, and offers the rider the chance to go on competing.
Whatever they give him (i don't believe much is possible because of anti doping rules) he's still weaker then 100% healthy Roglič. And only 100% Roglič could fight Pogačar to the line..... maybe.

Whatever they give him (i don't believe much is possible because of anti doping rules) he's still weaker then 100% healthy Roglič. And only 100% Roglič could fight Pogačar to the line..... maybe.

I actually hope (hope!) the crash and its consequences give him an extra boost. He will be an angry man now - a man possessed…

Concerning medicine, I am certain he‘ll receive everything he wants and needs via a Therapeutic Use Exemption. JV‘s doctors (and lawyers, if needed) will make sure he won‘t be treated worse than „Average Joe“. Medicine was made to heal and take away the pain. No WADA laws will (ever) change that.

Hmmm, I must say I was surprised to read your comment. I certainly see no evidence Tadej seems weaker than in the last years - to the contrary! Not long to find out the answers but I do hope Roglic can overcome his crash and put up a fight this TdF.

Hmmm, I must say I was surprised to read your comment. I certainly see no evidence Tadej seems weaker than in the last years - to the contrary! Not long to find out the answers but I do hope Roglic can overcome his crash and put up a fight this TdF.

I could imagine Tadej has further improved his explosivity, and his speed on short climbs like todays… Maybe this will cost him in the long mountains, with lots of vertical meters…

Reactions: Cookster15
I actually hope (hope!) the crash and its consequences give him an extra boost. He will be an angry man now - a man possessed…

Concerning medicine, I am certain he‘ll receive everything he wants and needs via a Therapeutic Use Exemption. JV‘s doctors (and lawyers, if needed) will make sure he won‘t be treated worse than „Average Joe“. Medicine was made to heal and take away the pain. No WADA laws will (ever) change that.
If they have to push him super hard to be a half competent domestique in the third week then I'm gonna walk into a Jumbo tomorrow, demand to speak to the manager and tell them that Vuelta preparation is goddamn over.

Schachmann should in my opinion rather thank Rogla for his PN title.

Which only proves his point that they crash all the time.

The corner was tricky, but I get the point, because I think also the van Reinsburg (or was it another one?) crash was by Jumbo righter creating a lock up that moved through the field. In the end those crashes happen and someone is always the reason for it. Hopefully the bunch will calm down after the first serious mountain stages.

Jumbo riders not being able to ride a bike and thus being a danger isn't exactly a new thing. Remember Vingegaard in Basque Country? If there was a driving license for bikes Robert Gesink frankly wouldn't have been allowed in the pro peloton some years ago. Add Kruijswijk's descending.

Reactions: Lui98
@Filippo_3467

In all honesty we have seen like a million crashes so far on this Tour edition. And for the one that injured Rogla nobody blamed the motorcycle all that much. In my opinion they don't crash much more than any other team. But if anybody has some stats it would be nice to take a look. Looking here:

A lot of riders listed and i don't see JV ones standing out. In addition i don't perceive Rogličes riding style as aggressive and to be honest this is the first time i heard somebody complaining about it. When they come at front they usually stick to one side. Must say that i didn't detect anything special there either. Maybe they are aggressive when in the bunch. But i doubt they are more aggressive then other teams fighting for positions. What likely happened is one of their riders crashed and it could be JV was involved. But it could just as easily be any other team. And in that case the same would likely be said about that other team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Le Tour the Pogi.

It all started when one team crashed and crashed all other teams with them too. Due to strange tactics. One man was left standing. So now and each year a 3500km of a single man without a team, without any competitors going a mano.

On display at Netflix.

Is this even debatable? I guess we don´t know if something happened prior to the video but it looks like Roglic and his teammate ran out of road on the left side. His teammate ended up in the grass. Roglic loses his balance and moves to the middle of the road. Makes contact with two riders. One of them goes down. In the follow up the entire peleton tries to avoid them and on the other side of the road we have another crash.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS