• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 79 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That must mean Eddy was a failure because he didn't when every GT he raced? Judge the career when they retire. If a rider was "past his peak" every time he was dropped there would be zero racers. Everyone loses, everyone gets dropped.
I don't really want to be part of a forum where we only judge the career when they have retired. That sounds boring, so no thanks.

You can choose to be oblivious about it, but theres no doubt that Primoz doesnt have the invincible aura that he seemed to have in a couple of years.

I don't really want to be part of a forum where we only judge the career when they have retired. That sounds boring, so no thanks.

You can choose to be oblivious about it, but theres no doubt that Primoz doesnt have the invincible aura that he seemed to have in a couple of years.
Your assumption that I shared any vision of invincibility is just that, and incorrect.
Sorry you're bored. Invest more time riding and racing, get some improvement of form and let us know if your perspective changes on a rider's ability. It'll also help with that boredom problem.

We all watch the same big races, dont we? Isn't it obvious to you that Roglic has regressed since 2020? Which version of Roglic would you rather have?

Sorry but that is not specific.

I can be more specific. Last year he became Olympic ITT champion and won his third Vuelta. This year he would likely have won a hat-trick of week long races so far. Bar that knee injury. On Tour he crashed. Hadn't he crashed he would likely still be in contention for the overall. Injured Roglič still helped Vingegaard to take time on Pogačar today. Without Roglič they would have waited for the last climb and Pogačar would have it under control. Or to lose minimal amount of time.

What some of you are now doing is saying look. Jonas has beaten Primož today. And that proves my point. Does it? Then basically Jonas doesn't need Primož help for the reminder of this race anymore?

Fine.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Your posts lack basic common sense and knowledge abouy cycling...grow up dude! How come being boring or not is a criteria for something?

Solon once said that you must wait for the end of a man's life to tell if he was happy or not. The same goes with cycling. Maybe we have seen the last GT of Bernal and until the 2011 Vuelta Froome was being dropped like a bag of rocks.

But i must agree to some extent with @Valv.Piti and that is they placed Rogličes bike into the third position on the team car. Such things need to be taken into consideration. Not something to commend.

This is something that will need to get fixed in the future.
That seems like a practical, tactical matter more than a statement of policy and respect. If Primoz ain't complainin' and the mechanics are getting to him on schedule there isn't an issue, is there?

2021 Olympics/Vuelta Roglic

Your posts lack basic common sense and knowledge abouy cycling...grow up dude! How come being boring or not is a criteria for something?

Solon once said that you must wait for the end of a man's life to tell if he was happy or not. The same goes with cycling. Maybe we have seen the last GT of Bernal and until the 2011 Vuelta Froome was being dropped like a bag of rocks.
Grow up because I have a different opinion than you? But sure, If you believe Roglic is as good in 2022 compared to 2020-2021, go on my man.

Grow up because I have a different opinion than you? But sure, If you believe Roglic is as good in 2022 compared to 2020-2021, go on my man.
You said Roglič is regressing 2 years now and 2020 was his peak. Clearly his peak was at the end of 2021 so your believes are wrong and that's what people are telling you. As of 2022 Roglič is clearly not on 2021 level because he had injuries and was undercooked in races before TdF. In what shape he would be here without crash we will never know.

Reactions: acm
:tearsofjoy:

Dude I'm in a forum, I expect different opinions. But I also demand those opinions are well argued and debated and yours just look lame, to be honest.

It doesn't matter if Roglic 2022 is better or worse than before because it all ended in stage 5. I for one believe he was better if not the same as in 2021. As a fan of the sport you hope that the road and team strategies are the only decising factors in the building GC hierarchy. Roglic desearved better than being bogged down by a loaf of hay.

Reactions: acm and Sandisfan
:tearsofjoy:

Dude I'm in a forum, I expect different opinions. But I also demand those opinions are well argued and debated and yours just look lame, to be honest.

It doesn't matter if Roglic 2022 is better or worse than before because it all ended in stage 5. I for one believe he was better if not the same as in 2021. As a fan of the sport you hope that the road and team strategies are the only decising factors in the building GC hierarchy. Roglic desearved better than being bogged down by a loaf of hay.
Well, I don't and I think the evidence so far this season points towards Roglic not being as good as his absolute best years despite winning Dauphine and Paris-Nice. His performances in weeklong stage races is usually a great predictor for Roglic, and me saying hes not AS good is only a compliment in the sense that that only thing that could hinder Roglic in winning every one week stage race was crashes. In contrast, he got rather lucky winning both races this year. 2020-2021 that wouldnt have been the case, Im sure.

Thats my argument which I thought would be pretty self explanatory if you follow Roglic this closely. Anyways, we disagree, move on, but please refrain from insulting me only based on me having a different opinion based on the racing so far this season compared to earlier seasons.

Well, I don't and I think the evidence so far this season points towards Roglic not being as good as his absolute best years despite winning Dauphine and Paris-Nice. His performances in weeklong stage races is usually a great predictor for Roglic, and me saying hes not AS good is only a compliment in the sense that that only thing that could hinder Roglic in winning every one week stage race was crashes. In contrast, he got rather lucky winning both races this year. 2020-2021 that wouldnt have been the case, Im sure.

Thats my argument which I thought would be pretty self explanatory if you follow Roglic this closely. Anyways, we disagree, move on, but please refrain from insulting me only based on me having a different opinion based on the racing so far this season compared to earlier seasons.
Well you did say Roglič declines 2 years now and since 2021 Roglič was better then 2020, that puts your opinions in bad light.

Reactions: acm
Im not judging it on this Tour, no. I said ever since Dauphine that I thought Vingegaard would be stronger. I dont really wanna repeat myself, but I outlined why I don't think he's as strong as his peak years in one of the posts above based on his spring.

You've been saying Roglic is two years past his peak, ergo according to your theory, 2020 was his best year. 2021 proves otherwise.

As for Jumbo, I think yesterday's demolition job & super nuts performance by Vingegaard sort of vindicates their choice to go for green as well, i.e. when you have that sort of watts monster on the team (Vingegaard mk2022 fresh out of their factory), you can ride around France like a bunch of cowboys shooting from the hip like in a spaghetti western.

The advent of Vingegaard at such a level in terms of performance is as irrational as Jumbo's tactics.

You've been saying Roglic is two years past his peak, ergo according to your theory, 2020 was his best year. 2021 proves otherwise.

As for Jumbo, I think yesterday's demolition job & super nuts performance by Vingegaard sort of vindicates their choice to go for green as well, i.e. when you have that sort of watts monster on the team (Vingegaard mk2022 fresh out of their factory), you can ride around France like a bunch of cowboys shooting from the hip like in a spaghetti western.

The advent of Vingegaard at such a level in terms of performance is as irrational as Jumbo's tactics.
Funny thing, when you have the strongest rider uphill and the high mountains are this hard, you don't have to sit around 7 man strong and wait all race with the best/second best rider in the world on your team. Who would have thought?!

Funny thing, when you have the strongest rider uphill and the high mountains are this hard, you don't have to sit around 7 man strong and wait all race with the best/second best rider in the world on your team. Who would have thought?!
Without Roglič, Jonas would only follow Pogačar yesterday, nothing more. It was Roglič, Pogačar covered again and again and exploded later on. Without those attacks, Pogačar doesn't need to cover anyone (Jonas wouldn't attack at all on his own) and he would be fresh for the last climb. Roglič never had this luxury.

Reactions: Sandisfan and acm

TRENDING THREADS