• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Team Visma - Lease a Bike

Page 84 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hmm, I am a regular listener of the Lanterne Rouge cycling podcast and the companion highlights channel. It's some of the better content out there because they have the rights to the video material, do good editing and breakdowns of the races, quick uploads too (like 2 hours after the race). They both seem like genuine cycling fans.

That being said, they should have disclosed this as soon as it happened. No matter if you are a journalist or not, if you cover the teams and races while working for a specific team it is just not good optics that you "hide" that information.

Just a memory, this was their TDF long list in 2016.... lmao how far they've come
Too be fair; Gesink had top 10 the previous year, Kelderman had a Giro top 10, Bennett would top 10 the Vuelta, and Groenewegen had racked up a lot of wins that year. It could have been worse. Ironic they were the closest with a Dane at winning the Tour previously and Roglic, and they finally win the Tour with a Dane.

Reactions: Sandisfan
After today‘s victory from Kooij in Poland, I checked David Dekker‘s PCS, because I often compare their development. Kooij has become really strong, he is super fast and has great endurance (still 20 yrs old)…

Surprisingly, Dekker‘s results since UAE Tour 2021 make me quite worried. If he doesn‘t improve within the next months, Jumbo could decide not to renew his contract. Quite a surprise… :(

They shouldn't renew his contract, he hasn't even showed that he's a WT level domestique, his speed doesn't matter as he rarely makes the sprint. In 2021 Giro he hasn't managed to be involved in a single sprint as a DG leadout and some people were saying how he's been wasted as a leadout instead of sprinting for himself, probably didn't watch the sprints. For two years his only good performance was in the slowest race on the calendar in February 2021... The real question is would he even be signed in the first place if he wasn't the son of Erik Dekker and had that Rabo connection...
Anyway, maybe he proves me wrong... I'm all for it
I didn't believe in Leemreize but he was good in the Giro for example

No surprise, Dekker is leaving the team with also Chris Harper, so no more confusion with the Tour winner when they race together... Kirby can relax... Bike-Exchange seem to be the team interested in Harper.
On the other hand, Roosen extended and Hofstede is still a question mark, so the team is almost completed for next season. There might be one more incoming transfer before the end of the year depending on the needs I guess. Here WF made a detailed article for who's interested, nothing suggesting Roglic departure though, which is I guess very disappointing for some people here... and they've also given their personal 10-rider list of who could be the last possible addition:
https://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/j...ervizier-open-tien-veelzijdige-versterkingen/

Who would you choose from ten options that WF offered if you were Zeeman? I've voted for Pithie but I like Milan too as a Kooij leadout, just don't think is realistic

Nice showing from Harper today, looks to be the only one in the team besides Rog in some kind of form. There were glimpses of this in Dauphine. Ironic that he is leaving the team next year.

Harper has been great. He was good in the Dauphiné & he's basically Rog's most crucial helper in this Vuelta.

The fact he doesn't have a contract with the team next season deserves the same ? as some of the other decisions made by Jumbo's management this season, like their treatment (or lack thereof) of Roglič's injuries this season. The story in the media today about the quasi neglectful response by Jumbo's medical staff towards Rog's knee & back problems was crazy (like "take a pill!" was their default solution).

I think Zeeman, Plugge & co should take a step back, stop with the megalomania & descend back down to planet earth. Just my opinion.

Uh oh. For those wondering what this has to do with the cycling (and speed skating) branch: Frits van Eerd = Jumbo-Visma. From the sponsor side of things, it was his little project. If he is found guilty, I can very much see it having repercussions for the team.

Uh oh. For those wondering what this has to do with the cycling (and speed skating) branch: Frits van Eerd = Jumbo-Visma. From the sponsor side of things, it was his little project. If he is found guilty, I can very much see it having repercussions for the team.

Roglic says it's Fred Wright's fault.