• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Just checking in. :laughing: Okay, today (Stage 11, 2022 TDF) was a bit on the thermonuclear side. -- Have to see how the rest of this TDF plays out before conferring "not mortal" status on Jonas. To temper things a bit, today's stage winner was the runner-up in last year's TDF, so, not an "out of nowhere" jump in comparative performance.

I am confused - is the reincarnation of Rasmussen now worse or better for cycling than a dominating Pogi?

Both have their con´s but what I used to dislike about Pogimon, was that he had no human sides, he showed that today, but Vingegaard have shown a human side already.
In the perfect world, we see a much more open field and different winners each year.

But the performance today, was pretty nuclear indeed.

Reactions: noob and JosefK
Just checking in. :laughing: Okay, today (Stage 11, 2022 TDF) was a bit on the thermonuclear side. -- Have to see how the rest of this TDF plays out before conferring "not mortal" status on Jonas. To temper things a bit, today's stage winner was the runner-up in last year's TDF, so, not an "out of nowhere" jump in comparative performance.
Yes, but his leap last year while not Dawg levels of "out of nowehere" is not exactly a good example for "natural progression".

Reactions: JosefK
TJV overall today didnt spook me. See Roglic's weakness doing an effort on the final climb or Kuss and SK being somewhat limited in their contributions, or Covid hit Majka outlasting every TJV domestkque on the final climb. Suspicions about WVA and Vingegaard are understandable but the entire team didn't do anything spooky that I saw today given their apparent budget advantage. In the coming weeks we'll see them beat the opposition with their wallets.

TJV overall today didnt spook me. See Roglic's weakness doing an effort on the final climb or Kuss and SK being somewhat limited in their contributions, or Covid hit Majka outlasting every TJV domestkque on the final climb. Suspicions about WVA and Vingegaard are understandable but the entire team didn't do anything spooky that I saw today given their apparent budget advantage. In the coming weeks we'll see them beat the opposition with their wallets.
Wout's performance this year is more believable because his climbing is not on the same level as 2020-21

Reactions: JosefK

TRENDING THREADS