• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's the boom-bust cycling of chemically enhanced professional cycling all over again.

Right now we're in a 1997 & 2005 peak boom. We know what happens next. It's just a matter of time, i.e. sooner or later, someone is going to f-up this well organized super fuelled peloton & everything will come tumbling down again (aka the bust).

Imagine if Roglic and Kruijswijk were there too

There's been something 'off' with Roglic this season. Maybe he would have super-performed like his teammates but there's reason for me to have some doubt (in hindsight the final stage of the Dauphiné really was awkward).

Tom D seems like he did that stuff in 2015-18 and it messed with his head. So he probably refuse to go on full jumbo program

100% what I believe happened. He quit because of a 'thanks, but no thanks' approach to whatever they're doing.

Are they 'Too Big To Bust' right now? I don't think anyone is going after TJV right now like they go after some team like Bahrain or Astana.

Do you guys think that if La Planche des Belles Filles hadn't happened and Pogacar finished 2nd in that Tour would he have been popped by now? UAE team was not that big in the beginning of 2020 and with the track record of his managers, I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't think anyone cares to go after the Tour winner anymore. The sport would collapse instantly, I think.

Reactions: Nick2413
Are they 'Too Big To Bust' right now? I don't think anyone is going after TJV right now like they go after some team like Bahrain or Astana.

Do you guys think that if La Planche des Belles Filles hadn't happened and Pogacar finished 2nd in that Tour would he have been popped by now? UAE team was not that big in the beginning of 2020 and with the track record of his managers, I wouldn't be surprised. But I don't think anyone cares to go after the Tour winner anymore. The sport would collapse instantly, I think.

Not just tour winners, there are very few positive tests in general. While speeds are creeping higher every year. It's all just an exercise in PR.

Not just tour winners, there are very few positive tests in general. While speeds are creeping higher every year. It's all just an exercise in PR.

Dope tests apparently have has much value as those Covid tests they did on rest days, i.e. none.

I also can't wait for someone to jump into this discussion with 'data' which shows everything we watched is simply the result of lighter bikes, favorable wind, shorter stage, better diets (all teams have a personal chef now!) or some other excuse.

How about no.

Holy ***, I just noticed that WvA could've easily win the polka dot had Kuss didn't chase him on the climb.

Jumbo were competitively racing against each other today, i.e. at one point WvA was sprinting up Hautacam for the stage win whilst Kuss was pulling Vingegaard towards him.

They're savages. No surprise Roglic was chewed-up by this Jumbo Tour machine & spat out. Oh & special f-you to that Jumbo staff member who refused to hand G Thomas a bidon when he asked for one.

Oh & special f-you to that Jumbo staff member who refused to hand G Thomas a bidon when he asked for one.

You don't know what was inside that bidon.

To me it's puzzling what they're in but in 20 years I follow the sport I don't recall seeing anything so stupidly absurd as the Belgian Hulk today. After 17 all-out stages, attack on KM 0, multiple pulls and attemps to get in the breakaway, little sprint in the intermediate, pulling constantly on Aubisque and Spandelles, attack on top of Spandelles and than this effort to Hautacam. All this while appearing he was everywhere giving his max.

It seems they are into something very powerful and with quick response that maybe they can top up during races to provide extra boost.

They were too big to bust when Froome was let off the hook for his Salbutamol positive. No way anything happens now except via police action.

You don't know what was inside that bidon.

To me it's puzzling what they're in but in 20 years I follow the sport I don't recall seeing anything so stupidly absurd as the Belgian Hulk today. After 17 all-out stages, attack on KM 0, multiple pulls and attemps to get in the breakaway, little sprint in the intermediate, pulling constantly on Aubisque and Spandelles, attack on top of Spandelles and than this effort to Hautacam. All this while appearing he was everywhere giving his max.

It seems they are into something very powerful and with quick response that maybe they can top up during races to provide extra boost.

Van Aert was absurd yet again and to think that he was allegedly doubtful for the Tour with a knee injury after missing the Belgian nationals. I think he is even more insane than the Yellow jersey and that is saying something.

I would agree on the Big Tom D theory as well. Whatever programme they were on he wasn't very comfortable with it and wanted out.

On one hand I understand the outrage, Van Aert has been completely ridiculous, and Vingegaard has gone from (here we go again) nobody to world beater. But I've seen it all before, many times. It doesn't feel much different than Festina, Postal, Sky, or recent UAE. It has a different flavor, maybe more a Festina flavor with Wout doing Wout things, but it's the same story ad nauseam.

I've kind of gotten to a place where I prefer those in charge are completely looking the other way instead of pretending. At least we're spared the drivel of explanations for these unbelievable performances. I think the drivel bothers me more than the doping.

TRENDING THREADS