• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Jumbo-Visma

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Foss latest ITT results:

-1st, 2022 UCI ITT world championships
-9th, 2022 Deutschland Tour Prologue
-1st, 2022 Norwegian ITT champs (only WT rider in the race)
-8th, 2022 Giro d'Italia stage 21 ITT
-6th, 2022 Giro d'Italia stage 2 ITT
-4th, 2022 Volta ao Algarve stage 4 ITT (1 min behind Remco, also behind Kung and Hayter)
-23rd, 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games ITT
-1st, 2021 Norwegian ITT champs
-12th, 2021 Giro d'Italia stage 21 ITT
-3rd, 2021 Giro d'Italia stage 1 ITT
-4th, 2021 Itzulia Basque country stage 1 ITT
-18th, 2021 Tirreno Adriatico stage 7 ITT.

He has a decent ITT pedigree, is relatively young, only 10s separated the podium and a number of favourites weren't there, had suboptimal schedules or had bad luck.

For me, it is not a massive WTF performance, but with the wider Jumbo context this year and quite a big leap from his previous level, it is understandable that people are concerneds

Foss latest ITT results:

-1st, 2022 UCI ITT world championships
-9th, 2022 Deutschland Tour Prologue
-1st, 2022 Norwegian ITT champs (only WT rider in the race)
-8th, 2022 Giro d'Italia stage 21 ITT
-6th, 2022 Giro d'Italia stage 2 ITT
-4th, 2022 Volta ao Algarve stage 4 ITT (1 min behind Remco, also behind Kung and Hayter)
-23rd, 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games ITT
-1st, 2021 Norwegian ITT champs
-12th, 2021 Giro d'Italia stage 21 ITT
-3rd, 2021 Giro d'Italia stage 1 ITT
-4th, 2021 Itzulia Basque country stage 1 ITT
-18th, 2021 Tirreno Adriatico stage 7 ITT.

He has a decent ITT pedigree, is relatively young, only 10s separated the podium and a number of favourites weren't there, had suboptimal schedules or had bad luck.

For me, it is not a massive WTF performance, but with the wider Jumbo context this year and quite a big leap from his previous level, it is understandable that people are concerneds

Yeah, that's how I feel. On its own one can find reasons for this performance (special circumstances especially with the possible jet lag), but it's a pretty eye-catching one after three years of constant stronger and stronger Jumbo performances from surely very talented, but formerly not stand out riders - I don't think their material and tt preparation is so much better than all others', I think their strength really only shows itself in the TTs, they are also extremely strong in the road races, but in those there are other factors coming into play, while in the time trials the team just shows pure dominance because that's how strong their riders are / can be.

I mean it's not sure this is a Jumbo inflicted performance, because it's for the national team, but one just sees the whole picture and it's not a nice one, so I just can't be happy about a win that otherwise I might have viewed as a nice upset.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS