• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Team RadioShack Camp - video

The new Giro Advantage 7 TT helmet made an appearance.
cathelmet.jpg
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
popular thread...

Doesn't seem to be a popular team here.

I wonder if JB/LA et al are awareof how their treatment of AC has soured many people on RS before it even started.

I was sort of meh about LA before 2009. Wasn't crazy about him coming back but I actually (and naively thought) he'd ride for AC in the TDF. Gullible I know.

After 2009, I have a serious dislike for team LA.
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
2
0
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Some more RadioShack behind the scenes video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ivHRhWMkG0

I was wondering when some people would attempt to derail this - for some reason I doubt we would have had the pleasure of a similar post for a behind the scenes with Caisse d'Epargne - perhaps I am wrong though.

Thanks to GW for posting the press day and training ride. Personally, I thought it was interesting enough to watch. Since I lived in Tucson for three years I was looking for landmarks and attempting to see where they were riding, perhaps someone could mention the route they took.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
so what do we think of this lovely bike then...

33ll64n.jpg


personally i think that is the ugliest heap of s*** i have ever seen...
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
fixed.. dunno if its on his twitter.. i pay no attention to his twitter...

its still the ugliest peice of **** ive ever seen..
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
fixed.. dunno if its on his twitter.. i pay no attention to his twitter...

its still the ugliest peice of **** ive ever seen..

dimspace said:
so what do we think of this lovely bike then...

33ll64n.jpg


personally i think that is the ugliest heap of s*** i have ever seen...

Thanks dim, agreed it's very bland. i was digging through some old stuff and i found a radioshack walkie talkie which i was given about 10 years ago. Can any american's tell me if Radioshack is one of the big electronics brands over there?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
richwagmn said:
I wonder if JB/LA et al are awareof how their treatment of AC has soured many people on RS before it even started.

see., thats the one thing that almost endears radio shack to me.. :D
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
CentralCaliBike said:
I was wondering when some people would attempt to derail this - for some reason I doubt we would have had the pleasure of a similar post for a behind the scenes with Caisse d'Epargne - perhaps I am wrong though.

Thanks to GW for posting the press day and training ride. Personally, I thought it was interesting enough to watch. Since I lived in Tucson for three years I was looking for landmarks and attempting to see where they were riding, perhaps someone could mention the route they took.

Yeh i think it's pretty good to see the behind the scenes of any team really.

Funny that in the CN articles and now this video, Daryl Impey is just NEVER happy. Always crossing his arms, head down, frowned look on his face - cheer up fella!! looks like this -> :mad:

----

About the bike, c'mon guys, it's not about the bike :p;)..

kidding, it looks a bit wierd, i doubt it's the team bike, perhaps just a promo kind of thing for the press. i liked the paint job on the Astana Treks, it looked very streamlined, so i assume they will do the same for the RS bikes, but with red and grey
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
dimspace said:
so what do we think of this lovely bike then...

33ll64n.jpg


personally i think that is the ugliest heap of s*** i have ever seen...

The style is quite busy, but I like it. It's of the moment.

How much would one of those set you back then?
 
Jul 23, 2009
1,120
2
0
Visit site
Great White said:
The style is quite busy, but I like it. It's of the moment.

How much would one of those set you back then?

Whatever color is on the front rim tends to make me a little ill - perhaps this is a scientifically designed bike to weaken the other teams :D