Teams & Riders The Bora - Hansgrohe team thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ackermann picked up 5 stage wins and 2 points jerseys while the Tour was going on, how do you not bring a guy like that to a GT?
Ackermann and Bora is a complicated story. He had a bad year, because his leadout train was knocked out in that car accident in italy and his own form/confidence wasn't good. Then he trained 100% to peak for the Tour and didn't show really good results. In the Tour of Belgium he showed that he was on the right track. He was only beaten by Cavendish, Merlier and Ewan, the strongest sprinters of the tour.
Denk said he didn't take him to the Tour because of bad shape. Yes, his results and his shape until the Tour weren't good, but he really was getting better and could have a shot for a stage win. The real reason was that they went 100% for the Team Sagan in Team Bora :). Denk should have said that, too. There was no place for Ackermann even in perfect shape. He shouldn't have promised him a Tour start. The relationship between Denk and Ackermann is probably wrecked now. I think he will leave the team. In his last two Grand Tours he won two stages and now he can't even ride one Grand Tours.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Jun 26, 2020
What was strange to see was they didn't even bring Ackermanns train to Sibiu and Sardegna. I think that is a good indicator that Ackermann, Selig and Schwarzmann will leave the team.
The new sprint train will be Bennett - Van Poppel - Koch.

Ackermann and Bora is a complicated story. He had a bad year, because his leadout train was knocked out in that car accident in italy and his own form/confidence wasn't good. Then he trained 100% to peak for the Tour and didn't show really good results. In the Tour of Belgium he showed that he was on the right track. He was only beaten by Cavendish, Merlier and Ewan, the strongest sprinters of the tour.
Denk said he didn't take him to the Tour because of bad shape. Yes, his results and his shape until the Tour weren't good, but he really was getting better and could have a shot for a stage win. The real reason was that they went 100% for the Team Sagan in Team Bora :). Denk should have said that, too. There was no place for Ackermann even in perfect shape. He shouldn't have promised him a Tour start. The relationship between Denk and Ackermann is probably wrecked now. I think he will leave the team. In his last two Grand Tours he won two stages and now he can't even ride one Grand Tours.
If Ackermann had won a lot this year, then I'm not sure they wouldn't have brought him to the Tour. But because he didn't, it wouldn¨t really have made much sense to have him there, cause if he couldn't win a stage he would (potentially) just hurt Sagan's chances of winning the green jersey. It was of course a bit of a gamble, cause if Sagan had ende up being too tired after the Giro or being involved in a crash, which he then were, they could have ended up with nothing, but luckily Politt and Konrad saved the race for them.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ASK THE COMMUNITY